Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Help me please! Service needed URENTLY!

Views : 1140

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 15th, 2008, 02:57   #1
woland

Default Help me please! Service needed URENTLY!

I bought 940 (jul'95) with b230FT engine, because i have project p1800 and i thought that its better to buy whole working volvo than just engine, tran, etc. So i plan to bring my engine to Poland in volvo 940 case , make all modification while in 940 and swap to p1800 when done. Car was bought on ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123 ) and from first seen something was wrong. Somebody drill hole in cup of coolant recovery tank, just near one way valve. When i press pipe, small Whale make me wet . I used screw to fix it. When car gets hot, pipes are hard, theres no leaks, i dont know why somebody "fix" it. next thing is cut protection wire between shaft of turbo bypas valve and bypass servo. So i plan to buy HPT, but bought Zero presure turbo or even underpresure . I fix it, now it blow.

Problem is that between 1000 (idle OK) and 3000 rpm engine has no power. To start i have to make more than 3000 rpm and slip chutch for few seconds. On the motorway, there is very narrow range of pedal positions when car works. When i press in minimally deeper, engine choke and loos its power. Its almost impossible to reach 4000 rpm during ride, looks like very poor mixture, i am afraid of valves and pistons overheat. When (on idle) i rapidly press acc, engine reach about 2500, next fall down to 1500 and cycles repeat and repeat. When i make it delicatelly, i can reach 6000 rpm.

I suspected air flow meter, so i went to garage in Kingston. In first place, guys told me they cant connect scanner to this ecu, because operator is sick (!), in second garage serviceman said that have no right plug.

Now i have nice turbo power limiter, with very wide range of usable rpms and multiposition acc pedal... )

Of course i can spend 2xvalue of car for new airflow meter, thottle position sensor, oxygen sensor, knock sensor or pressure reg, but maybe You can tell me where in south London i can find somebody with knowledge, diag and plug in one time? I should be on ferry tomorrow, but i am little affraid of 1000 mile trip.

Thanks for any help.
PS. My mobile is +48606929188 SMS with address of service will be perfect, i have gprs conn only, but i will check this thread frequently.

Simon.
woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 03:25   #2
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

If the coolant in under pressure then there are 1 of 2 possibilities..
1) a blockage in the coolant waterways or the thermostat id blocked in the closed position.
2) Head Gasket is gone south for winter..

Open the coolant expansion tank by removing the (grey or green) lid and start the car and observe the coolant. Do you see bubbles rising?
If so then 2) is the case. You can confirm by getting a chemical test done..

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 04:34   #3
Geezer

Hi Simon,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I'm sorry I cant help much, but Des is probably on the right track. I hope you get the problem and make your ferry. Please let us know how you get on.

BTW: Your English is FAR better than my Polish!!

Good Luck.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 07:26   #4
woland

Hello,

colling system, works OK, there must be some presure. Remeber, that if pressure is higher, boiling point is higher, less bubbles, better heat transforming etc...

I have problem with fueling...

Simon
woland is offline   Reply With Quote