Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

From XC60 to Porsche Macan or BMW X3?

Views : 161093

Replies : 1567

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 16th, 2016, 22:12   #511
Arianne
Premier Member

Impossible, the whole thing is integrated both visually and from a software perspective. If the drive and engine soundtrack are excellent then the 380w hifi is good enough. The 80w version isn't, we tried that in Edinburgh last week and that was poor.

Arianne
Old Apr 17th, 2016, 17:49   #512
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianne View Post

Just watched an extensive review of all models of F Pace, with each engine, on and off road, in India tv with Siddharth Vinayak Patankar, and there was not a single thing he said negative about F Pace. An F Pace was also fitted with the black pack, which I think looks better than the silver rear surround around the exhausts, although his had black wheels, which I didn't like. Are the black wheels part of the black pack, as I notice in your pictures they are silver.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2016, 18:33   #513
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
Just watched an extensive review of all models of F Pace, with each engine, on and off road, in India tv with Siddharth Vinayak Patankar, and there was not a single thing he said negative about F Pace. An F Pace was also fitted with the black pack, which I think looks better than the silver rear surround around the exhausts, although his had black wheels, which I didn't like. Are the black wheels part of the black pack, as I notice in your pictures they are silver.

Regards
No, the wheels are not part of the black pack. Thanks for the reference to the review which I have also now read, it makes good reading!

As an aside, thinking about the first picture in the earlier series of four, someone has suggested to me that the side profile has a slight similarity to a RRSport? I can see that, just.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=652vsvwEFz8

Ten minutes of pure joy!

Arianne

Last edited by Arianne; Apr 17th, 2016 at 18:50.
Arianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2016, 22:25   #514
Crockers
Premier Member

Just been reading this post on the Mercedes Forum. I like the Blue with white leather.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/mb-de...ml#post2282647
Old Apr 18th, 2016, 07:18   #515
Parky12

We called in to Ryebrook in Huddersfield to look at alternatives to the XC60 yesterday, XE/XF only in our list. The F-Pace's were there, in all their glory

The red really is their colour over the others. An impressive beast with that large grill and the bulk, plenty of road presence. Supposedly 20 of the 35 build slots are already signed up for. You will be in an exclusive club for a bit Arianne
XC60 15MY 181 SE AWD Savile Grey (previous)
Parky12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2016, 07:31   #516
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parky12 View Post
Supposedly 20 of the 35 build slots are already signed up for. You will be in an exclusive club for a bit Arianne
The 'bit' is the worry...!!

Soon F pace will be as common as Evoque, which is as common as a Mondeo..!! (I'm only jealous Arianne...!!!... )

At least XC60 is relatively rare so far, despite its success over the years.

That is the benefit of an XC60 really, despite F Pace being a better vehicle.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2016, 07:39   #517
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockers View Post
Just been reading this post on the Mercedes Forum. I like the Blue with white leather.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/mb-de...ml#post2282647
The blue is a bit nice!
Not so sure about the comment "Some of the plastic trim was straight out of a 1986 XR3i" - hey, I had an F-reg XR3i, loved that car!!
Old Apr 18th, 2016, 14:34   #518
AngloScot
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
The 'bit' is the worry...!!

Soon F pace will be as common as Evoque, which is as common as a Mondeo..!! (I'm only jealous Arianne...!!!... )

At least XC60 is relatively rare so far, despite its success over the years.

That is the benefit of an XC60 really, despite F Pace being a better vehicle.

Regards
When I bought my XC nearly 2 years ago, it was relatively rare on the roads around here. Sadly they are indeed becoming as common as "mondeo's etc". I think it must have something to do with Leasing and of course the HUGE discounts if buying from the likes of DTD (like I did). I am buying an Audi through DTD for MrsA and the discount is nowhere near the Volvo one.
Old Apr 18th, 2016, 15:30   #519
andymcp
Premier Member

Agree that XC60s are pretty much everywhere now, but then again I'd say all SUVs are. Porsche appear to be the only 'rare' brand.

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2016, 15:38   #520
Harvey1512
Premier Member

If you go to parts of Cheshire they, Cayennes, are like Mondeo's. Visting relatives once it got to be a joke with my son, "there's another one, and another, and another" etc. We stopped counting shortly into the trip. There is a scary amount of money out there for some people.

Tags
bmw x3, porsche macan