Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 wanted

Views : 3643

Replies : 33

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 24th, 2017, 19:46   #11
olly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
Mine could be for sale in October, subject to my new car having arrived by then, no sunroof but high specification with most extras + Polestar. Probably a big ask to tie it all together with change over, couldn't afford for it to go tits up.
I have arranged a part X so would need to ask the dealer concerned.
I must admit if I was spending around 20k I would want a dealer guarantee of at least a year.
I guess if I was worried about the guarantee I could always purchase that separately for an awful lot less than the 25% markup a dealer charges over a private sale.

How does your PX price compare with private sale? I think it's not as common as it used to be that PX price was artificially high but reflected in higher cost of the replacement car.
olly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2017, 19:52   #12
olly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considered1 View Post
Yep, you only get the 8 speed Geartonic with the FWD 2.0 VEA engine, until now of course with the new model, but its essentially the same engine just got more power out of it, and the 8Speed box is really smooth.. Will never go back to manual. The 8 Speed also cost £1,550 more than a manual back in 2014.. The AWD D4 has an older 6 speed auto
Thanks for your PM....I'll pass for now thanks - the one I missed out on had 36K miles and higher spec for £19k. Worth holding out for a while longer to see if I can find something similar.
Old Jul 24th, 2017, 20:28   #13
Considered1
Premier Member

I've got the 2014 & 15 Brochure price lists if you want them - can only email, too big to attach here so you can compare the list prices when new for the spec you need or are being offered.
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2017, 22:58   #14
olly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considered1 View Post
I've got the 2014 & 15 Brochure price lists if you want them - can only email, too big to attach here so you can compare the list prices when new for the spec you need or are being offered.
That would be pretty interesting, yes please - the other D4 had DVD screens in the rear headrests - I did wonder how much that would have set them back.

my email is oliveraustin then the at symbol then hotmail.com

cheers
Old Jul 24th, 2017, 23:08   #15
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly View Post
I guess if I was worried about the guarantee I could always purchase that separately for an awful lot less than the 25% markup a dealer charges over a private sale.

How does your PX price compare with private sale? I think it's not as common as it used to be that PX price was artificially high but reflected in higher cost of the replacement car.
I guess if I sold privately I would expect to achieve 21k to make it worth my while.
My problem would definitely be the timing of the change over.
The estimated mileage in October would be around 27/28k.
I spec't mine up at full retail price when I bought it, and in came in @ 46k.

Last edited by bobby2000; Jul 24th, 2017 at 23:14.
bobby2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2017, 23:24   #16
olly

Quote:
I guess if I sold privately I would expect to achieve 21k to make it worth my while.
Has the dealer said what they'd give you though?
Old Jul 24th, 2017, 23:47   #17
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Has the dealer said what they'd give you though?
They have but that would be telling.
What would you think was a fair price for a 33 month old car with say 28k on the clock, with an MOT and a service coming up?
As much as I would love to get more than the dealer price, I also know that by PX with a dealer I will be able to sleep at night, If I sold privately and something went wrong I'm sure my conscience would keep me awake, especially with a forum member.

Last edited by bobby2000; Jul 24th, 2017 at 23:54.
bobby2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2017, 00:00   #18
Considered1
Premier Member

The value of a car is what someone is prepared to pay for it.
Unfortunately if the dealer is offering you X for it then he's going to sell it for X+20% min in our case.

I understand that the dealer is taking the risk most of the time, needing to fix it up, put a warranty on it etc. But in my case it is mint, with a warranty and 2 years free servicing so I would rather someone came direct and split the 6K or whatever they get out of bed for these days.
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Considered1 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 25th, 2017, 06:36   #19
olly

Quote:
They have but that would be telling.
What would you think was a fair price for a 33 month old car with say 28k on the clock, with an MOT and a service coming up?
I don't know about "fair" price but for an Oct 2014 car with low miles and good spec - PX against another car (assuming the price of the replacement vehicle is agreed first and not artificially high) - I'm guessing the dealer is saying around £19k.
Old Jul 25th, 2017, 08:21   #20
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
I don't know about "fair" price but for an Oct 2014 car with low miles and good spec - PX against another car (assuming the price of the replacement vehicle is agreed first and not artificially high) - I'm guessing the dealer is saying around £19k.
Its a January 2015 but you are in the right ballpark.
Because the new car is the 2018 XC60 there's no discount available.
I'm sorry if I've lead you up the garden path a bit, and like I've said previously I would love to get more money for my PX, but I don't want what can be a hassle selling privately.
I'm sure that you will find the right car for out there somewhere.
Good luck.