Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rydell is going up for sale - Silver V70 R AWD '99

Views : 6687

Replies : 59

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 21st, 2015, 23:04   #1
Goldmember
Master Member

Default Rydell is going up for sale - Silver V70 R AWD '99

Okay , I have talked about it in the recent months but now the time has unfortunately come for me to sell Rydell Planning on it going in the next week or 2...oh and as my last thread I said I'd give Griston64 1st dibs.
When I bought him in November last year I had expected him to be a keeper . Now over the last few months I have seen that financially I would have to sell him, but I had hoped I'd enjoy him until at least September or October . Now sh***y timing of bills and work being quiet means I have to tighten my belt and not have 2 cars sitting on the driveway , plus I feel its getting neglected as it's not being used .
Ok , I'll not lie.. I love this car! It looks the mutts nuts! I think the R is the best looking of all the 850/70 , square lines with soft edges and aggressive looks. Plus silver is my favourite colour choice ( tho' all the colours suit the R's) . Money mainly dictates it , but I also just found out on Tuesday there the nice safe garage space I had at a friends house for keeping it safe and dry when not in use is unavailable for the foreseeable future, so feel that is another sign that the time has come to sell as I have always had a garage to store a project.
I am being honest in the details ( maybe too honest .. if I was buying a car and something isn't working I'd rather be just told the truth and be honest! ) but its the way I work when buying and selling cars so people don't start knocking money off for this and money off for that etc!

Anyway, here's the details..

For sale:
1 x 1999 V70 R AWD Auto , one of the last AWD 1999-2000 models
-115k miles ( just under )
-Timing belt changed @ 102k miles
-No CEL lights etc , on turning the key all lights illuminate and go out as they should do.
-Prop to the rear wheels still fitted and working fine
-Removable Tow Bar
-All Electrics work including the Air Con, Radio, Fuel Cap Door, Sunroof , Windows, Mirrors, and Electric Seat Adjustment + Memory
-V5 in my name
-Clean MOT - Exp June 2016

Jobs done since I bought it in November last year and have all receipts:
-Fitted new Radiator
-Fitted new Expansion Tank Coolant pipes
-Fitted new Expansion Tank Cap
-New coolant
-Fitted new Top Engine Mount
-Fitted new front OE discs and Black Diamond Fast Road pads
-Fitted new rear OE discs and Mintex pads
-Fitted new Auto Gearbox Dipstick and tube
-Fitted 2 new Yokohama front tyres
-Fitted Genuine Volvo Spark Plugs
-Shell FS Helix Engine oil and OE filter change
-Fitted Genuine OE Front Strut Brace
-Fitted new BSR Induction Kit
-Fitted new Ferrita Twin Exhaust
-Fitted Genuine Egg-Crate Grille ( all the way from good ol' U S of A!)
-Fitted solid platinum R badge to said Grille ( Disclaimer: Ok it's not solid platinum but what it cost from Volvo is should be at that price!! )
-Fitted new Battery
-Fitted Subframe Bush Inserts + New Genuine Bolts
-Fitted new C70 Steering Stops
-Fitted new Cabin filter
-Fitted new Number Plates
-Fitted new Wiper Blades all round
-Fitted new fitted mats
-Fitted Nightbreaker Bulbs main + side lights
-Done 2 Dextron 3 Gearbox Fluid changes
-Regassed A/C
-Done 4 wheel alignment
-Removed tints
-Fitted Metal Dash Surrounds
-Fitted new Pair of Horns

Bad bits:

- I discovered , on doing the above maintenance, that before my ownership the car has had a bump front passenger side , and the slam panel has a crack, but it is securely bolted tho' and solid . Due to this the bonnet line compared with the wing isn't perfect.

- If its been sitting for a few days there is a slight puff of smoke from the exhaust on startup . It doesn't smoke any other time , and have done the dipstick and glove PCV tests which all pass fine.

- Slight score marks on 1 of the cream leather bolsters on the passenger seat ( no tears or splits tho)

- The micro-switches inside the door lock mechanisms are iffy, which means altho' the doors shut and lock ok, the internal lights stay on . I just keep them switched off at the switch above the rear view mirror . The key-fob works fine locking and unlocking.

- It has rear parking sensors fitted but I disconnected the unit as there is a faulty sensor making the unit beep all the time , and I don't have the expertise to remove the bumper. Still have the unit tho.

- Only 1 key + fob

The car isn't flawless , after all it is 16 years old and has covered 115,000 miles , but overall it looks great. It has a few small scratches here and there, there's been a couple of spots of paint that have previously been touched up on the bonnet, and some parts of the interior have seen better days ( mainly a couple of bits of plastic trim in the boot area have cracked over the years) but it is very presentable in my eyes. I will sell a car the way I would be happy to buy a car.
Any questions feel free to ask.
I'm in the south side of Glasgow G53 area.
Test drives will only be given on proof of insurance.

Price £2600 ono
Comments on the price are appreciated...tho' be kind!

Photos ( recent and older - only difference is exhaust and bumper blanks)

Any questions just ask.
Cheers,
Steve
MegaBob - ‘04 XC90 D5 Spanish! ShedBob - ‘01 Moondust T5 V70, FilthyBob - '04 Silver 2.4 D5 SE V70, Rydell - '99 Silver R AWD V70, SagaBob - '98 Ruby Red 2.5T V70

Last edited by Goldmember; Jul 21st, 2015 at 23:42.
Goldmember is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Goldmember For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 21st, 2015, 23:21   #2
tc
VOC Member

So sorry to see your selling her bud, hope she goes to a good home.
tc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tc For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 21st, 2015, 23:29   #3
Goldmember
Master Member

Thanks TC mate .. I'm torn as I know I'm going to regret selling him and not get another, but money talks and not having the safe and dry garage to keep it in is a major blow :/
MegaBob - ‘04 XC90 D5 Spanish! ShedBob - ‘01 Moondust T5 V70, FilthyBob - '04 Silver 2.4 D5 SE V70, Rydell - '99 Silver R AWD V70, SagaBob - '98 Ruby Red 2.5T V70
Old Jul 22nd, 2015, 00:07   #4
tc
VOC Member

I know the feeling bud, coming close to selling mine unless things pick up for me in the very near future. Hope you get a good price for it.
tc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tc For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 11:29   #5
Goldmember
Master Member

Anyone? Is the price too high?
Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 17:13   #6
rudi dudi
DPF free.FCUK Greta he he

In my opinion your price is bonkers.Sorry if it seem's harsh but being honest.
£1500 to £2000 at most I would say.

The one's with the high prices seem to be advertised over and over again to eventually sell for a lot lower than originally advertised.
rudi dudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 17:32   #7
Goldmember
Master Member

Thanks Rudi, I appreciate ur input as I am open to opinions. I wouldn't say it's bonkers, maybe a bit high , but was basing my price on the mileage, age, work done , and general condition of the car , plus the extras like the new Ferrita exhaust and BSR Induction kit . I had put "ono" on the ad also as I am open to offers.
Cheers,
Steve
Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 17:49   #8
rudi dudi
DPF free.FCUK Greta he he

Thumbs up

You might be better off selling the bits seperate.
Maintenance or extra's added to any vehicle,add little or no value unfortunately.

Good luck with it though
rudi dudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 22:51   #9
Goldmember
Master Member

So a car thats had no maintenance done to it has no added value? Sorry Rudi but I thoroughly disagree.

Anyway .. Price drop to £2300 ovno

Steve
Old Jul 24th, 2015, 23:10   #10
740T
Master Member

Hi Steve,

Sorry to see your selling mate, given the work done I'd say that's well priced. These are now getting rare in good condition. Get it on car and classics and pistonheads.

Cheers,
C
740T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 740T For This Useful Post: