Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Need Part Number for Premium Amp (5x130w) for 2008 XC90

Views : 1617

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 24th, 2018, 21:27   #1
oldsmobuick

Default Need Part Number for Premium Amp (5x130w) for 2008 XC90

I'm planning to upgrade my High Performance amp to Premium Sound (5x130w) amp in my 2008 XC90 (and eventually speakers and software), but I need an amplifier part number from someone who has the Dynaudio system on their car please? Tasca and Volvo won't help and there ae so many part numbers on eBay, none of which say 5x130 or class D. Thanks!
oldsmobuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2018, 21:48   #2
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Just look in VIDA, it's all there....
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2018, 22:40   #3
oldsmobuick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissXC90 View Post
Just look in VIDA, it's all there....
I'm guessing that is hardware/software that one can purchase?
Anyone have access to that who can look at this amplifier part number?
Old Jul 24th, 2018, 23:44   #4
oldsmobuick

Default Another angle...

I found a few 2008 XC90s for sale with Dynaudio (not many around!) if it helps? One is a V8 Sport, the other just a 3.2 optioned all the way.
3.2 VIN: YV4CZ852481456002
V8 Sport: YV4CT852X81466017

I’m guessing Volvo could look up the original amp part number for one of these VINs and it would be the part I’m after. Please let me know if that’s not accurate?

UPDATE:
I called the dealer and they say both of these VINs map to premium sound amplifier 36050036

However I don’t see that used anywhere, I wonder if it goes by other numbers?

Last edited by oldsmobuick; Jul 25th, 2018 at 00:33.
Old Jul 25th, 2018, 01:08   #5
4x4
Premier Member

https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/p.../36050036.html
Volvo 850 GLT website
4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2018, 01:51   #6
oldsmobuick

That’s the one! Now I need to find it used, as in not new ($$$).
Old Jul 25th, 2018, 09:54   #7
Moose Test
Master Member

A note of caution here. I had the same idea, upgrading my MY07 to Premium audio and adding a sub-woofer.

The complication with second hand parts is the security system which Volvo implemented for devices on the MOST bus (orange, fibre-optic cabling). An unknown (used, from another vehicle) device attached to the bus will not be admitted and subsequently won't function.

The only way around it, at least that I know of, is either to a) deactivate the security, which Volvo dealers can do for testing purposes but can't/won't leave in place for you to drive away with or b) purchase NEW parts and have them coded to your vehicle.

I have been told by two Volvo dealerships that second-hand parts cannot be coded/integrated into another vehicle, that being the intention of the security system in the first place.

If anyone definitively knows otherwise, I'd be interested to learn that.
Old Jul 25th, 2018, 12:58   #8
oldsmobuick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Test View Post
A note of caution here. I had the same idea, upgrading my MY07 to Premium audio and adding a sub-woofer.

I have been told by two Volvo dealerships that second-hand parts cannot be coded/integrated into another vehicle, that being the intention of the security system in the first place.

If anyone definitively knows otherwise, I'd be interested to learn that.
Ugh, thanks, and I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. But I wonder about the sheer number of amps sold online, including by reputable places. Maybe I’ll call up Erie or Tasca and ask about it.
Old Jul 25th, 2018, 15:33   #9
Moose Test
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmobuick View Post
I wonder about the sheer number of amps sold online, including by reputable places
Yes, me too.

There are also quite a few subwoofer units for sale at reasonable prices (~$100) but when I asked local dealers for a quote to install the SUB application, I was given a price but also told that second hand parts wouldn't work. Only a 'reset' device from the OEM (i.e. exchange unit) or a new one.

I'm inclined to believe them as a) there's no point in instituting a security system in the first place and then rendering it redundant via this behaviour and b) they knew full well that I wouldn't pay ~$1000 for a new one, this was the only sale (software) that they were going to get but still turned it down.

If you do get a more favourable response from your dealership then I think we'd all like to know about it.
Old Jul 25th, 2018, 15:46   #10
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Test View Post
Yes, me too.

There are also quite a few subwoofer units for sale at reasonable prices (~$100) but when I asked local dealers for a quote to install the SUB application, I was given a price but also told that second hand parts wouldn't work. Only a 'reset' device from the OEM (i.e. exchange unit) or a new one.
And remember they can only add Software that Volvo made available for the car.

The Subwoofer was removed from the XC90 in 2007 or 2008.
Cars built from this date forwards cannot have the Subwoofer application added as it is simply not available.
So before spending money n physical parts, you need to check if the software is actually possible for your MY vehicle - and that means connecting to VIDA at the dealer, and trying to place a software order....
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SwissXC90 For This Useful Post: