Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Door lights (wing mirrors)

Views : 4404

Replies : 38

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 21st, 2021, 14:34   #11
skippyfox
VOC Member

If you are after a set of puddle lights check Aliexpress. I got a set for my V90 that project the Volvo logo on the floor. Think they cost about £8.00 a pair, the only down side is they take a couple of weeks to arrive from China.
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 14:55   #12
rxtian

Just a word of caution - I tried adding these to my car (2015 V60 R-Design) and they didn't light up (despite the wiring being there). So there may be a configuration your car needs to have for them to be active.
rxtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 15:05   #13
laing

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyfox View Post
If you are after a set of puddle lights check Aliexpress. I got a set for my V90 that project the Volvo logo on the floor. Think they cost about £8.00 a pair, the only down side is they take a couple of weeks to arrive from China.
Just be clear are you talking about the puddle lights ie the lights in the wing mirrors or the door lights ie the lights that shine from the bottom of the door ??
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 21:32   #14
skippyfox
VOC Member

Its the lights built into the bottom of the door panel. literally a 2 minute job to swap them. But for gods sake don't let go of the wiring loom, then its a pop the bottom of the door panel off, and have a good feel around for the wiring plug. Volvo were not generous on the wiring loom. Been there, did that.
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 22:27   #15
Stevepvolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by laing View Post
Just be clear are you talking about the puddle lights ie the lights in the wing mirrors or the door lights ie the lights that shine from the bottom of the door ??
I’ve just checked on my 2015 xc60 r design and I have cut outs in the bottom of the inner door panel but no lights ??
Stevepvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 22:54   #16
laing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevepvolvo View Post
I’ve just checked on my 2015 xc60 r design and I have cut outs in the bottom of the inner door panel but no lights ??
I am the same on my 2016 se lux thats what skippyfox was talking about the wiring is in the door card and you have to buy the lights
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 23:09   #17
Stevepvolvo

Quote:
I am the same on my 2016 se lux thats what skippyfox was talking about the wiring is in the door card and you have to buy the lights
Sounds like next weekend’s project 😁 thanks 👍🏻
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 12:12   #18
laing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevepvolvo View Post
Sounds like next weekend’s project 😁 thanks 👍🏻
let us know how you get on and how easy it was
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 12:28   #19
Stevepvolvo

Quote:
let us know how you get on and how easy it was
Will do - I am going to track down the cable first and check it is live when the wing mirror puddle lights are on first due to the note from one contributor that the cable was there but appeared not to be active.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 23:02   #20
b1mcp

I have a 2015 XC60 R Design, and I can confirm the wiring for the Ground Lights (that’s what Volvo calls them) is present and is operational. Also, the wiring for the Door Pocket lamps is also present and operational. Here’s where they are

The lamp units for the Ground lights are identical to the Footwell lights and the Tailgate light. The Volvo part number is 1286317. If you want a guaranteed easy fitting this is probably what you want. They cost around £30 for a pair from Volvo. However, I think the light output is very poor and I don’t like the warm white colour (I’ve replaced my boot and footwell lamps also).

I went for aftermarket White LED units from ebay (Just search the above part no. for loads of options). Although the performance is exactly what I wanted (very bright and white), the dimensions of the fitting were poor and required filing of the lamp housing and connector socket, and wedging the connector in place on the lamp to get a secure fit. For me it was worth the effort for the light output.

For the Door pocket lights I just used generic LEDs with diffusers, wired in to the original plug.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2021-02-22_210226.jpg (269.7 KB, 198 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to b1mcp For This Useful Post: