Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo owners club insurance scheme via chris knott insurance

Views : 196453

Replies : 311

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 12th, 2010, 18:42   #21
Chaddie
Ex Serial Volvo Buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimatChrisKnott View Post
We currently are getting more NEW BUSINESS CUSTOMERS from this club than any of the other 250. It's natural that you are much more likely to get people moaning on a forum than those who are happy with the scheme but these comments go beyond belief!

I am not going to answer you in a personal nature because the comments are a little immature and unjustified.

I will say that the policy is, and always has been excellent - i am insured on the same scheme and i know the policy and am happy to insure on it especially as i've been in the industry for 20+ years.

It is rare IF EVER that i have heard someone moan about the policy being lacklustre.

Re car models whether turbo's or not, we use the registration number software to show the car type so your comments re that are again inaccurate.

If your car doesn't fit the classic scheme, then we can't quote on it. Simple as that!

I am even willing to listen to the recorded call if you pm your phone number from which you called us and the approximate date because from the years of experience i've had on forums, I know that people don't often respond when we state our side on the forum.

I don't say that in a boastful way but usually this is what happens because the whole story comes out.

Sorry to speak like this but it's a little annoying when the scheme is so successful and then people say things like the above.

We don't insure limos and can't understand why you are harping on about it because we never offered this tyoe of insurance.

You may of been in the insurance business for 20yrs; I was in customer service for 20yrs and I wouldn't of been if I'd replied to our customers in this manner.

You should remember that the definition of a complaint is "an expression of disatisfaction, oral or written, justified or not"

If this is how Chris Knott treats customers, then I won't be phoning them come renewal time.

XC70 SE Lux D5 (215bhp) Geartronic (2012MY)
Drivers Pack, Security Pack, Winter Pack, Family Pack, Dark Tint Glass,
Active 4C, Front & Rear Cameras, DAB Radio, Spoiler & Side Scuff Plates.

Last edited by Chaddie; Dec 12th, 2010 at 18:45.
Chaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaddie For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 12th, 2010, 20:03   #22
ELIMINATOR GUY

Thank god I am in Liverpool, Now I do not need to waste my money on a phone call to a company that advertise's that it DISCRIMINATES against people just coz of were they live.

I have lived in Liverpool for 40 years, had a car since I was 17 and have never had a claim, I have owned many cars from a Porsche to a Robin Reliant, and my last 8 cars have all been Volvo's, so why do companies like yours not insure safe drivers like me, or when they do it's pay through the roof ?

I think the answer is they are just GREEDY BA**ARDS !!!

And then have the cheek to advertise free on 250 forums to tell us how great they are. Ha
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 14:47   #23
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Firstly, if CK's underwriters won't cover certain postcodes, it's nothing personal...so getting hot under the collar and claiming that it's discrimination isn't going to do much good. Of course the counter-argument is that CK ought to expand their range of underwriters...

From my own point of view, as a former CK customer (with two policies), there's not a lot of love lost here. On one occasion, CK tried to *double* my premium, only for me to end up back with them, paying more or less the same as I did the previous year. How on earth that position can be justified, I do not know.

I no longer insure with them (for either policy) for one very simple reason - their premiums have become uncompetitive, and by a significant margin. I know a great many people who pay less than £250 for their insurance (my premium a couple of years ago on my S70 was only a shade over £300, and I was 24 at the time...my parents' policy barely breaks the £100 barrier).

The blanket 20bhp rule (no doubt, again, imposed by an underwriter) is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard...and clearly devised by someone who has very little knowledge of the subject.

Finally, there have been acute problems with answering the phone on several occasions. For one of my two policies this year, I was entirely unable to get through to somebody, despite numerous attempts. The second time took 2-3 calls. The only remote parallel I can draw would be HIC, who seems to have a 20-minute queue whenever you call (but do tend to quote well).

As a former customer, I'm saying this for your own good, Chris Knott. Get some new underwriters, and get your act together! The current situation seems unsustainable for the club's "official" insurance scheme.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foggyjames For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 15:46   #24
RUTV70
RUTRUNNER

Have to say, Tim, old lad..you ain't exactly covered yourself in glory with this.
Having been in Sales and Marketing for over 35 years..and therefore knowing a little about customer facing skills..your "approach" is somewhat questionable.
I've actually insured with you for the last 3 years...AND just renewed...but I have yet to test your actual service because I've never made a claim.
I did..as your company requested..give you the opportunity to quote for my wife's car..or at least I tried...but gave up when you wouldn't answer the phone.!!!...she went back to Esure.!!
'nuff said.???
In the interests of fairness I should add that when I HAVE spoken to your staff I have received polite and courteous service.

Neil

Previous Volvos...264 auto...loved it.
340 manual...not so loved.
760 auto...loved it.

Last edited by RUTV70; Dec 15th, 2010 at 15:49.
RUTV70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 10:31   #25
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Hi Brian
I’d like to sincerely apologise for the nature and tone of my reply to your post. It was unprofessional and I am sorry for the offence I caused you.

After working here for over 20 years, I maybe took the comments to heart and therefore didn’t distinguish between business and personal, and effectively let myself down.

In this, I also apologise personally as well as corporately because upon re-reading it, it shows a level of immaturity in itself.

No hard feelings I hope and I wish you all the best in your insurance matters!

VOC Insurance is administered by Chris Knott Insurance

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
ChrisKnottIns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 19:18   #26
nm1985
Rated "R"

Quote:
Hi Brian
I’d like to sincerely apologise for the nature and tone of my reply to your post. It was unprofessional and I am sorry for the offence I caused you.

After working here for over 20 years, I maybe took the comments to heart and therefore didn’t distinguish between business and personal, and effectively let myself down.

In this, I also apologise personally as well as corporately because upon re-reading it, it shows a level of immaturity in itself.

Only took you over a week to realise that you were out of order? Or was it that we had to complain before anything was done. Personally I will never use your company and will also warn other members about your 'customer service'
As for you being the preferred insurance company. It is a poor move by the club and members should think again and look elsewhere

2005 V70R - Sonic Blue - SOLD
nm1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nm1985 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 19:27   #27
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

It's worth pointing out that the club have a long-standing arrangement with CK, and this business of uncompetitive quotes and poor coverage of modified vehicles is a fairly recent development. That doesn't mean it can't be reviewed, of course...

Perhaps we can look at things from a more positive angle? Tim - is there any news about progress on the underwriters / modification front? I do appriciate that CK are not the only insurance company to be affected by this situation. I also hope you don't take it too personally...car insurers are notoriously unpopular with the general public, and we are a nation of moaners, myself included! Of course the counter-argument is that if you work in that sector...you ought to be used to it by now!

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 00:06   #28
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Quote:
Hi Brian

20 years? we thought you were the work experience boy

but seriously - kudos to you for apologizing.

I'm sure if you can manage to not be insulting AND be good at your job - all will be forgotten your 20 years of experience should help greatly in that respect one would think!

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 08:17   #29
S60D5-185
Me ? Surely Not!

Location: 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 Geartronic. South of Hadrians Wall.

QUOTE TimatChrisKnott

In this, I also apologise personally as well as CORPORATELY because upon re-reading it, it shows a level of immaturity in itself.

Self induced apology, OR instructed to do so from on High as a damage limitation exercise?

I have my own views and will insure elsewhere!

Remember Tim, " YOU DON'T GET A SECOND CHANCE TO MAKE A FIRST IMPRESSION "

Darryl

Last edited by S60D5-185; Dec 23rd, 2010 at 08:27.
S60D5-185 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S60D5-185 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 14:22   #30
gdphillips
ba baracus...

wrong dept to start....on hold...................hi poor line....................on hold......................................getting board...............plesae continue to hold your call is important to us....................................yawn........ .....???????.....£800. direct debt intesrt £905,24.......total.........wow im so pleased i phoned you thank you for the loss of the time i wont get back wasted on the phone......gphillips