Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 roof not closing fully

Views : 10570

Replies : 36

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 28th, 2015, 18:22   #11
dcw
VOC Member

Hi James

Sorry to see you joining the list of us who have had C70 roof troubles - it's a shame because they are supposed to normally be very good...

I think it will be a case of tackling the manual operation - the document bravo360 linked you too is excellent on the C70 roof. The handbook itself describes it as well.

Hopefully you will only need to release the roof a little bit to pull out the caught fabric and get it working again - then you can investigate why the fabric is catching in the first place.

Good luck!

David
1994 480 GT and 2007 V50 SE Sport
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2018, 18:52   #12
Goldmike
Mike

Default Volvo c70 2004 convertible

Hi I'm new in volvo forum. I have volvo c70 2004 the roof is opening and closing but not fully at rear of the roof. Maybe somebody had this problem. It's like left 1inch from the boot to the roof.

P.s dear admin sorry if it's double.
Goldmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2018, 22:43   #13
Dibble
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmike View Post
Hi I'm new in volvo forum. I have volvo c70 2004 the roof is opening and closing but not fully at rear of the roof. Maybe somebody had this problem. It's like left 1inch from the boot to the roof.

P.s dear admin sorry if it's double.
Had the same with mine a few weeks ago and discovered that the car was not sitting on the level when trying to close it. Changed position and closed no bother.
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2018, 22:50   #14
Goldmike
Mike

So I seen that on in level so what to do.
Old Jul 31st, 2018, 23:12   #15
iantowil

Just a quick question, all the windows are dropping before opening or closing the roof? I only ask as my window mechanism failed during roof closing as I was chatting to my passenger so didn't notice, and this prevented that side from closing properly - your problem sounded similar.
iantowil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2018, 00:20   #16
Goldmike
Mike

Yes my Windows is drops normally. Just one problem rear of the roof not closing.
Old Nov 7th, 2018, 19:12   #17
Lindacoughlin

I have taken my car to a dealer with the roof stuck open. The Volvo dealer got it working again. But it stuck again. After another visit to the dealers and considerable money paid. I was advised by the dealer to have a complete new roof fitted or locked in a closed position
I have gone for the locked position and looking for any other advise

I live in Spain but it’s an English car

Last edited by Lindacoughlin; Nov 7th, 2018 at 19:14. Reason: Added notes
Lindacoughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2018, 22:42   #18
tarhoosier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6NV...ature=youtu.be
tarhoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 13:10   #19
Sharpolk

Hi all, read this thread with interest I followed the instructions in that YouTube clip but he doesn’t mention the ski hatch part of the process......so I guess the later model is slightly different. I’ve got a 2007 C70 and currently the roof is stuck in the boot....nightmare. Has anybody had any joy physically extracting the roof from the boot? The ski hatch bit mentioned in the Vida doc suggests it comes out, but it doesn’t. Many thanks!
Sharpolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 19:18   #20
FredGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpolk View Post
Hi all, read this thread with interest I followed the instructions in that YouTube clip but he doesn’t mention the ski hatch part of the process......so I guess the later model is slightly different. I’ve got a 2007 C70 and currently the roof is stuck in the boot....nightmare. Has anybody had any joy physically extracting the roof from the boot? The ski hatch bit mentioned in the Vida doc suggests it comes out, but it doesn’t. Many thanks!
Hi Sharpolk,
I'm not mechanically minded enough to give you a definitive answer but from other posts on the C70 roof I'm under the impression that it can be opened & closed manually. How easy the process I don't know. The attached file may help you to sort out your problem.
https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/tech/c7...ullDetails.pdf
FredGraham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c70, issue, not closing, roof