Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Is my T5 running ok?

Views : 800

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 9th, 2009, 20:42   #1
Godzilla

Default Is my T5 running ok?

My 850 T5 Auto is gulping petrol!! Today is my first day of ownership. I have done a total of 89 miles and the MPG is reading an average of 22.7. I have been driving like a Granny for about 65 of these miles to see if I could get a better MPG. This is a fair bit of town driving, country lane driving and some on a dual carrigeway, surely I should be getting more MPG?

She has just had...... New oil, filter, fuel filter, air filter and plugs. I am running her on Shell Optimax 99 ron. Also the bleed valve that is fitted is screwed all the way in, so basically its like not having one. I was hopping to see 25-27mpg.

Any ideas on this or is this about right?
Godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 20:44   #2
Penguinistics
VOC Member

22.7 is about right with very little motorway driving. To get much better you'll need some decent long journeys at a high enough constant speed (60-70mph so the transmission is in a high enough gear to lock itself up)
Penguinistics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 21:41   #3
John_C
Allons-y!

Yep, I agree, sorry to say that's about right for a T5 auto with the use you're describing.

Economical in town they ain't.
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 21:53   #4
Godzilla

Thank you..... at least nothing is wrong then!!

I suppose I have to remember that I have 225 horses from a 2.3 Turbo'd car, and a heavy car aswell!

She is so nice that I can live with the fuel bills, although may put normal Shell 95 in now and again as Super is £1.06 here...... petrol prices are silly in the UK.
Godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 21:56   #5
John_C
Allons-y!

No need to run it on super unless it's tuned and you want to get max power out of the map.

Cheers,
John
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John_C For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 12:00   #6
lubeman

I own a 1998 V70R, which is similar to T5,,,

On mixed driving I get around 28 mpg ?,,, Motorways at constant 70mph,,,34mpg,,,,,,,,,,,,

How are your Tyre pressures ?
lubeman is offline   Reply With Quote