Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

anyone going to york raceway 2moz to see,

Views : 1892

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 7th, 2007, 20:32   #1
powernut
Premier Member

Talking anyone going to york raceway 2moz to see,

my volvo t5 bug wipe out some minis lol(i hope) as its mins vs beetles just hope the engine runs well and i dont hit any probs
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 20:38   #2
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by powernut View Post
my volvo t5 bug wipe out some minis lol(i hope) as its mins vs beetles just hope the engine runs well and i dont hit any probs
seen your latest pics & them exhausts & new rear lights look excellent

good luck tomorrow mate, have you managed to iron out all the little engine bugs?
Pedro Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 23:27   #3
powernut
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Fandango View Post
seen your latest pics & them exhausts & new rear lights look excellent

good luck tomorrow mate, have you managed to iron out all the little engine bugs?
hi well i fittede an oil cooler as well it may help unsure?only thing im a bit unhappy is the intercooler size ,but nothing else i could do so ill give full boot and hold on lol
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 23:30   #4
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

Quote:
hi well i fittede an oil cooler as well it may help unsure?only thing im a bit unhappy is the intercooler size ,but nothing else i could do so ill give full boot and hold on lol
T-5 have got an oil cooler built into the rad so doubt you'll get any extra benefits. What intercooler are you using, original T-5 or an universal aftermarket one?
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 23:52   #5
powernut
Premier Member

Quote:
T-5 have got an oil cooler built into the rad so doubt you'll get any extra benefits. What intercooler are you using, original T-5 or an universal aftermarket one?
as i couldnt use the t5 one had to make one fit off a 620 turbo rover ,mind it roughly looks the size of a rs turbo but the cooler cores seem a lot wider then a t5 so it should flow ok ,mind it did feel nice when i floored it,shes all ready for blast off 2morrow morning ,im a bit nervous never tryed this before but buzzing as well ?mind theres some fast mins and small wheels so they will get a better start i reckon/as volvos are more moterway jobies then off the mark/
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 23:57   #6
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

Quote:
as i couldnt use the t5 one had to make one fit off a 620 turbo rover ,mind it roughly looks the size of a rs turbo but the cooler cores seem a lot wider then a t5 so it should flow ok ,mind it did feel nice when i floored it,shes all ready for blast off 2morrow morning ,im a bit nervous never tryed this before but buzzing as well ?mind theres some fast mins and small wheels so they will get a better start i reckon/as volvos are more moterway jobies then off the mark/
there are a few mental mini conversions about but i would expect you to be in with the top lot, hopefully you'll get plenty of runs so you can perfect your starts. Good luck & don't forget to post up your times & vids
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 00:17   #7
powernut
Premier Member

Quote:
there are a few mental mini conversions about but i would expect you to be in with the top lot, hopefully you'll get plenty of runs so you can perfect your starts. Good luck & don't forget to post up your times & vids
yearh i know light min small wheels better pull on set off?its all fun to me ,ive a small prob as i went on raceway forium and says the car has to be legal ,due to logbook not arriveing ive notax to show?,when i rang them they said all u need is 35 hemet, driveing liecence?
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 00:30   #8
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

Quote:
yearh i know light min small wheels better pull on set off?its all fun to me ,ive a small prob as i went on raceway forium and says the car has to be legal ,due to logbook not arriveing ive notax to show?,when i rang them they said all u need is 35 hemet, driveing liecence?
cars don't normally have to be road legal to race but it may be part of the ruling for your beetle v's mini grudge match. I was worried about the safety of running my monster go-ped at santa pod & phoned them to see if someone could check it over to see if it was safe to race, i was told just race it & if it looks dangerous someone will let me know after a couple of runs lol
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 00:39   #9
davebslater(uk)
redbollock guru

i ran my kit car at santa pod without any bodywork , and a fuel tank sticking out the back .

mind you it beats sitting on top of a throbbing v8 waiting the flywheel to explde and rip thro the fuel tank on its way out of the car , youll be pretty safe
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 00:41   #10
powernut
Premier Member

Quote:
cars don't normally have to be road legal to race but it may be part of the ruling for your beetle v's mini grudge match. I was worried about the safety of running my monster go-ped at santa pod & phoned them to see if someone could check it over to see if it was safe to race, i was told just race it & if it looks dangerous someone will let me know after a couple of runs lol
lol thats good of them to tell u afterwards lol ,chuff it ill risk it ,,mind ive had 142 out of it so ill not get that up the ttrack lol so in that case see as ive fitted the bugger its safe enoegh for me lol