Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Diesel friendly DICE

Views : 5913

Replies : 44

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 26th, 2016, 07:40   #41
woodysomerset

I've just asked after the same one as Tyler bought, she told it it won't work with my 2001 V40 1.9D or work with windows 10 anyone know otherwise ?
woodysomerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2016, 12:33   #42
boyracer996

i found vida dice to be an absolute heap of sh....

it takes forever to do anything with it, and the system requirements to get it to even install in the first place are a pain.

I ended up buying a snap on solus machine, much faster and user friendly, although dearer
boyracer996 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boyracer996 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 10th, 2016, 21:43   #43
gatos
Premier Member

Well, Tyler has the D4192T4 102BHp 1.9D engine, and the DICE works, so can't see any reason why it shouldn't work with the 115BHp 1.9D

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2018, 15:01   #44
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

Just to update this, as I ordered a knockoff DICE for £50 from eBay, which didn't work with the 1.9D, but also didn't work with the S40 D5 2007, so I suspect it *might* be faulty.

My first Latvian unit was faulty, and although the replacement he sent worked fine, it has recently failed after a few uses in about 4 years (including both cars). So I just don't think they are very good quality, and it becomes a question of whether it's worth paying ~£70 every so often to save paying Volvo/indies to use their code readers.

So I've just ordered one from AliExpress for $114
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Supp...737802643.html

I assume it's the same as the ones linked above as it specifically says it supports the S40/V40 diesel.

In all cases, the "interface test" passed, but the "communication test" fails, which implies it's working but unable to communicate with the ECU

Last edited by baldmosher; Jul 29th, 2018 at 15:03.
baldmosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 09:19   #45
mike v40

Default Vida Dice 2014d tool

Hi,
I hope you are all well!
Can you tell me how you solved your problem with bad contact with the ECU?

I have a Volvo V40 1.9D from 2003 with the D4192T3 engine, and I have been doing all the mechanical interventions that have appeared for some time now and I have already purchased two Vida Dice 2014d to help me with the diagnostics, but none of them can contact the ECU! In all other modules there is no problem because I can get into them and solve some problems, but in the ECU I can't!

The first Vida Dice 2014d I bought from a Chinese ebay seller and the second is the one referenced at the beginning of this discussion, that of Aliexpress.
I suppose there is no problem with the ECU as any quality diagnostic device has access to it.
I tested it two weeks ago in a garage, and was able to read the errors it presented at the time.

I'm here a little desperate, because I would like to have a device like this operational to be able to make all the necessary interventions because I love this car!

What are your suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Regards

Mike
mike v40 is offline   Reply With Quote