Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Help / Sensus Map Update Failure

Views : 7140

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 12th, 2017, 19:47   #1
kezar

Unhappy Help / Sensus Map Update Failure

I have a 2016 Volvo XC60 and the map was outdated.

I downloaded the latest version from Volvo website to a 64GB thumb drive. The update went well in the beginning but after 2 hours I received the following message -

Map Update Failed.
USB Unreadable.

Please Insert USB Number 1

Exit to Cancel

When I pulled out the USB drive and plugged it in again, I kept getting the "Please Insert USB Number 1" message. The same message appeared when I tried a different USB drive with the same update files. My Sensus Map function is now completely down.

Any recommendation to help fix this problem would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Failure Message.jpg (143.8 KB, 41 views)
kezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2017, 19:54   #2
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezar View Post

I downloaded the latest version from Volvo website to a 64GB thumb drive. The update went well in the beginning but after 2 hours I received the following message -

Map Update Failed.
USB Unreadable.

Exit to Cancel

When I pulled out the USB drive and plugged it in again, I kept getting the "Please Insert USB Number 1" message. The same message appeared when I tried a different USB drive with the same update files. My Sensus Map function is now completely down.

Thank you.
I think that you will find that you should use a 32gb memory stick.
Old May 12th, 2017, 20:09   #3
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Write to a different USB with a new download that you save to the hard disc first and use a stick that is formatted FAT32 then restart it, it will start from the beginning again but your satnav will work after that
Old May 12th, 2017, 20:14   #4
tem
Premier Member

32 or 64 GB stick will be ok.
The main thing, is to format the USB stick, before downloading the map update.

Most folk, have a dedicated stick for software/map-updates and do not use them for anything else.

I have two, one for the maps and another one for Voice Command updates, etc.
You should always use a new stick, that has never be used for anything else.

tem.
Old May 12th, 2017, 21:35   #5
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

I have used everything from a USB stick through SD and CF cards to SSD drives and they have all worked - essentially I use whatever I happen to have to hand at the time

The one issue I have identified is that I find the failures to install have been caused when I write direct to the device, when I write to the computer and copy to the device for the car my issues have disappeared

Last edited by wimorrison; May 12th, 2017 at 21:37.
wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2017, 19:51   #6
Fellwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
I think that you will find that you should use a 32gb memory stick.
I've always used a 64GB memory stick. Formatted exFat, which it needs to be due to its size. Previously I have downloaded direct to USB, today via the PC.
Old Jul 25th, 2018, 21:16   #7
briandoc18uk

Default Help Sensus Map failure

I am about to download the latest entire Euro upgrade maps on my Volvo xc60 MY18 using an iMac computer with a formatted 64gb USB stick.
My concern is whether to upload using FAT32 or exFAT format with this USB stick as there seems some conflicting concerns on this site which format is the best to successfully use.
I am aware that FAT32 is limited to uploads of less than 4GB, whereas exFAT does not have these limitations.
In the current Euro upgrade, v. 1226, downloading countries such as France are greater than 4GB. This implies that exFAT is the best to use and using FAT32 will be unsuccessful.
Please can someone clarify whether exFAT works seamlessly?
briandoc18uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2018, 21:32   #8
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:

Map Update Failed.
USB Unreadable.

Exit to Cancel

Thank you.
Did you use the volvo website verify function on the same page as your download ? It checks the files on the USB stick for integrity / faults after you have downloaded them ... . I have found it best to copy direct to the memory stick rather than to hard disk then to memory stick , far less errors ...
Old Jul 25th, 2018, 21:40   #9
Zebster
Upstanding Member

I updated my 2015 V60 satnav map last week. Used a brand new 32Gb USB stick (already formatted to FAT32) and it all went well with no problems, even though I turned off the car and removed the keys during the update process. Downloaded directly onto the stick.
Zebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2018, 14:35   #10
viktorz

Default Maps update

Quote:

Map Update Failed.
USB Unreadable.

Exit to Cancel

Thank you.
I have same problemm....

Software details
Published 13.04.2018
Version 31676577
CD database MCA/17/09

I have a 2017 Volvo V40 and I downloaded the latest version from Volvo website to a 32GB drive I have used everything from a USB stick through SD cards, all new, Formated FAT32....

When I CHECK DOWNLOAD on Sensus Update - Europe I become this massage: "The selected USB does not contain the latest version. You may recive this warning if a newer version is available for download or if a Sensus download is alerted outside of Sensus Update or if files or folders are added to its location. For more information, please visit: support.volvocars.com."

Any suggestion, thanks.
viktorz is offline   Reply With Quote