Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

240 Glt possibly for sale

Views : 2714

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 27th, 2009, 11:54   #11
Citizen.Agfa
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
I'm sure further details of a full appology will follow............................................ .......
If you wait patiently.
For long enough.
Well, go on then, start it off...

C.A.
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 12:15   #12
VND
Now with added T4

Well the amount of time that elapsed from the origonal 'maybe for sale' post to 'now sold, why are you being unkind' without any other information or acknowlegement of responses was about four weeks.
So i'll begin my appology in about another four weeks.
thats only fair.

2 hit wonder.
A new precident has been set.
VND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 13:43   #13
Citizen.Agfa
VOC Member

Quote:
Well the amount of time that elapsed from the origonal 'maybe for sale' post to 'now sold, why are you being unkind' without any other information or acknowlegement of responses was about four weeks.
So i'll begin my appology in about another four weeks.
thats only fair.
... and I'll be right behind you, seeing as how we're so insensitive!

C.A.
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 18:59   #14
steven2299

I didn't ask for an apology. I do, however, object to being referred to as a tosser or as a one hit wonder. I do have an interest in volvos especially 244's and 240's but I also have other interests and as such have not checked the forum for a few weeks. When I did check it and say that someone had called me a tosser I mentioned it as it is not the sort of language or attitude that should be displayed on a public medium. It doesn't do much for the image of owners of old volvos.
steven2299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 19:34   #15
VND
Now with added T4

Well ive got to agree with you there.
No real need for personal insults.
But I find it hard to image what your aim was in posting a for sale advert on a forum, with minimal information, which you then ignore for a month, and carry on to sell by other means?

If it never crossed your mind that these actions might agrivate people and make you unpopular, then i think youve been a bit naive.

There are so many people trying to 'cash in' on the Volvo community (as im sure many will agree with me) that many enthusiasts voice their annoyance openly.
Youre probably not a tosser.
But if you come onto a car forum, you will be judged solely by your posts and actions and some members may voice their views openly.

I don not speak for the Volvo, or any other community.
Only for myself.

Good luck in future Volvo related endevours.
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 20:36   #16
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Default Re: apologies

Quote:
I'm sure further details of a full appology will follow............................................ .......
If you wait patiently.
For long enough.
People dangling carrots as steven 2299 did, then disappearing without trace falls squarely into the category I sarcastically mentioned previously, and leave themselves wide open to the abuse they duly deserve! This forum has been misused by people trying to peofit from association with the club/forum for far too long, and by far too many people. As has already been said, it is scarcely possible to find any reason whatsoever in your posting as you did without follow up, bar the whining.

No-one is perfect, but it would be nice if we were properly put in the picture; how long does it take to say: car withdrawn from sale, or whatever?!

This is a friendly forum if we are treated with a modicum of respect. Try that approach and you will get a significantly better reception.

Cheers,

T

p.s. If anyone was expecting an apology from me, hell will freeze over first. Like many members here, I speak as I find!

p.p.s Steven2299 you would do well to study and absorb the nature of sarcasm and irony, and respect for others if you wish to survive in these forums; and the wider world for that matter.

Last edited by T240; Jul 28th, 2009 at 20:54. Reason: addition
T240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2009, 10:29   #17
steven2299

In response to the last post. You clearly need to get out more and get a life.
steven2299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2009, 19:26   #18
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Default Re: your last post

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven2299 View Post
In response to the last post. You clearly need to get out more and get a life.
Now who is casting the insults!

You need to grow up or ship out.
Old Jul 29th, 2009, 21:18   #19
Lucien
VOC Member

Responding to the general 'feel' of this thread rather than any specific post, I think stephen2299 is getting a raw deal.

He had a car that he was interested in selling and he's kind enough to see if any of us lot want it. Not everybody 'checks in' on the forum every few hours, so it's not unreasonable for this chap to not log back in for several weeks. Who knows whether anyone PMd him, or indeed if he responded to a private message and maybe even sold the car to a member of this forum.

This is a web forum and people are free to check in and check out as often or as infrequently as they feel like. It takes all sorts, and some of us are keener than others. Let us not lynch someone just because they're not as obsessed as . . . others.

Please let's all be more gracious to all visitors, whether one hit wonders or not. Would you prefer not to have the opportunity to purchase an old Volvo from someone selling an inheritance/hand-me-down etc?
Lucien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2009, 21:39   #20
VND
Now with added T4

ThInk everything has been said now.
Any further additions to this thread will most likely be retreading the ground already covered.
Lets all move onto more pressing and interesting concerns.
The Following User Says Thank You to VND For This Useful Post: