Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Towing and Caravan Topics
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Towing and Caravan Topics A forum for all towing/caravanning related topics

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Bkv 2010

Views : 2465

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 5th, 2010, 19:39   #21
Audrey Old
VOC Member

For interest I have just received a mail from Dave Ovenden saying that it is OK to camp at Hatton on the Saturday night. I only have a tent, and must be a member of the Volvo C & C club to camp there. However, for past BKVs I have joined the camping section there and then, so armed with the same tent hope to do so on site again this year.
Haven't done any research but a "down the road" campsite isn't an option for me - I'd rather kip in my car than that. If it comes to it, and anybody is funny, I'll do just that.
I find it sad that no C & C member can advise in an official capacity, but as has been said, perhaps they are not involved with this event.

Paul
Audrey Old is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Audrey Old For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 5th, 2010, 19:50   #22
jeff t
VOC Member

Wink National camping.

Hi all, Ive camped at the national for the last 15 years and the last 3 with a trailer tent. They just camp in the field next to the bkv site, just turn up and follow the voc signs that they put out and you will be made most wellcome.
see you there with my trailer tent fri night leaving mon morning. Jeff.

PS no electric but water and porta loo,s

Last edited by jeff t; Jun 5th, 2010 at 19:54.
jeff t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeff t For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 5th, 2010, 20:09   #23
minesa240x3
loyalty

Now thats the sort of info we need.Spot on Jeff.
The event section now has a sticky to catch peoples eyes.
Hope the weather holds up for it.I'm still trying to sort my 240 but I WILL be going even if I have to walk Lol.
Thanks Brian.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2010, 20:57   #24
D24tic
old member

Default BKV 2010 at Hatton Camping & Caravaning

I hope I can clear up a few points raised in this thread. As Hatton is not a commercial caravan site all activities will be under the section's exemption certificate which calls for all campers and caravanners to be members of the C&C section, and VOC. I am still listed as acting rally secretary in Driver and I have only received 1 E-mail about BKV which I refered to Roy Haworth (as contact details in Driver) In the past temporary membership has been issued for the BKV, but still need to be VOC members. To the best of my knowledge the rally is being organised by Mike Trinder (details in Driver under C&C Committee details). Hope this answers some of your questions. Look forward to meeting you all at BKV
1999 alfa spider 2ltr ts lusso
D24tic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D24tic For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 5th, 2010, 21:15   #25
minesa240x3
loyalty

Thanks for the responce.I wasn't really having a go at any one person just that I find the lack of information on this site about the main event at best scant.

Surely the best way to increase membership both for the caravan section and the voc is to let people here know about the benifits of joining.
People traveling any real distance could then decide if its worth paying the small membership fee to stay at the meet.Even if they only use there membership as a one off this would still help fund the club?

Thankyou Brian.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2010, 21:48   #26
D24tic
old member

Default C&C section

Your points are noted and whilst the details have been in Driver for previous 2 issues and a big write up in current one, I will recommend to C&C Committee that we post details on the forum. The more people that have access to the information the better for all.Regards Wally
1999 alfa spider 2ltr ts lusso
D24tic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to D24tic For This Useful Post: