Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General > XC90 '02–'15 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Want Wireless Headphones

Views : 24486

Replies : 44

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 28th, 2009, 11:11   #21
TruckbusUK
Petrolhead+Lots of Diesel

Mmmm I'm a bit confused now ... I'm also looking for a 3rd set for my XC90, the 2 sets that were supplied with the car only have a Channel A/B switch, power and volume controls and nothing to tune them in (unless its very well hidden) ... the box has the code VA6BEX-18C604-BA .. I cant obviously identify what make/manufacture they are ... I assume there are various types supplied by Volvo to suit the installation, so what do I have, and what do I need, as from reading the posts the Panasonics mentioned dont seem to fit the bill in this case.

Thanks fo any input.

Robin
TruckbusUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 13:04   #22
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Have you tried looking in the boot and see if the transmitter has makers name on it?

You could post on the main XC90 forum and see if anyone knows who makes the headphones you want. Post your car model year though as I doubt anyone will recognise the no you quote.

Volvo will use that headphone set on all the cars for that year. I only knew what the replacement for my Thompsons was because I ordered a Volvo set thinking I would get the Thompsons but when they came they were the Pansonic and the dealers price was £52 and I kew I could buy them online for about £25, do I didn't accept them.

All the best.

Roy

Last edited by RoyMacDonald; Mar 28th, 2009 at 13:08.
RoyMacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 16:20   #23
TruckbusUK
Petrolhead+Lots of Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post
Have you tried looking in the boot and see if the transmitter has makers name on it?

You could post on the main XC90 forum and see if anyone knows who makes the headphones you want. Post your car model year though as I doubt anyone will recognise the no you quote.

Volvo will use that headphone set on all the cars for that year. I only knew what the replacement for my Thompsons was because I ordered a Volvo set thinking I would get the Thompsons but when they came they were the Pansonic and the dealers price was £52 and I kew I could buy them online for about £25, do I didn't accept them.

All the best.

Roy

Hello Roy etal, its a 2009 XC90 SE Lux (not sure what model year I'd guess at 2009 but maybe 2008 ... is there an easy way to tell?), with the twin headrest screens and the DVD player in the front armrest, the headphones have no markings on them except the number I quoted on the box and in the battery compartrment.

I have looked in every cubby hole I can find in the boot, and cant see any transmitter, or anything electrical looking except for what I believe is the towbar trailer module ... oh and of course the battery.

Thanks for any help, Robin
TruckbusUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 16:34   #24
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckbusUK View Post
Hello Roy etal, its a 2009 XC90 SE Lux (not sure what model year I'd guess at 2009 but maybe 2008 ... is there an easy way to tell?), with the twin headrest screens and the DVD player in the front armrest, the headphones have no markings on them except the number I quoted on the box and in the battery compartrment.

I have looked in every cubby hole I can find in the boot, and cant see any transmitter, or anything electrical looking except for what I believe is the towbar trailer module ... oh and of course the battery.

Thanks for any help, Robin
Hi Robin

The model year is in the no. on the windscreen the last six digets are the chassis no. the one before the chassis no is the manufacturers code and the one before that is the model year. 8= 2008 and so on.

Your set up is a totally new one to me. I would post on the main XC90 forum. Someone there will probably know how your system works. (I have a 10 DVD changer in the boot with a transmitter plugged into it. So I'm no help at all.)

All the best.

Roy
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 17:40   #25
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

I've just noticed that in the handbook is shows the Thompson transmitter as having a two channel switch so I'm wondering if that's the cause of some peoples problems with getting headphones to work. See my post......http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...210#post486210

Roy
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 22:50   #26
elliott2
Trader

Hi, I should be able to clear this up for everybody! There were two rear seat entertainment systems for the XC90, one was designed by Visteon for Volvo Sweden and was fitted in the executive this had a single DVD player in the centre console with non swivel monitors, the other was designed by me for Volvo UK, this has two swivel monitors and a 10 disc DVD player fitted under the boot floor. I am still able to offer all parts, please email me privately so I can deal with each request individually. This is genuine, I advertise on EBAY as well and I am able to fit complete systems, the headrest monitors have been fully crash tested with Volvo, hope this helps, Peter
elliott2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 18:14   #27
exv70guy

Default 2 sets of original headphones for sale

Hi,

I've just decided to sell off two sets of original equipment DVD wireless headphones. The two channel type taken from the single DVD unit located in centre with fixed headrest screens form a 2008 V70 SE. These have volume control and CH.A / CH.B controls.

They have the code VA6BEX-18C604-BA inside battery compartment.

Looking for £40 per set if anyone interested in having a spare or replacement set

Mob 07715501052
Attached Images
File Type: jpg volvo headphones 2.jpg (72.5 KB, 7 views)
exv70guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 15:40   #28
bugsterbuns

Default wireless headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott2 View Post
Hi, I should be able to clear this up for everybody! There were two rear seat entertainment systems for the XC90, one was designed by Visteon for Volvo Sweden and was fitted in the executive this had a single DVD player in the centre console with non swivel monitors, the other was designed by me for Volvo UK, this has two swivel monitors and a 10 disc DVD player fitted under the boot floor. I am still able to offer all parts, please email me privately so I can deal with each request individually. This is genuine, I advertise on EBAY as well and I am able to fit complete systems, the headrest monitors have been fully crash tested with Volvo, hope this helps, Peter
guys sold my old pair on the forum and got peter to install his new range as my kids are only 5 and 3

works a treat
bugsterbuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 22:02   #29
cablebhoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott2 View Post
Hi Peter, ive read a few of your replies and you obv know your tech stuff

i have an xc90 58 plate with a single centre console dvd player and two fixed screens in the headrests

i currently have two headphones for them but i could do with another two - if possible before thursday the 29th dec 2011, if you dont have these could you please recommend ones that are compatible

also i am interested in fitting an iphone/ipod classic docking station as well if you know of the kit thats required that would be great

thanks

paul

ps i am not allowed to pm you until ive done 30 posts!!!! grrr
cablebhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 11:38   #30
adey34

Default Koss headphones

high all, i have 2 sets of Koss headphones s/n 007 06a1445 p/n 05064037aa , i understand they were from an Xc90 2009 ish if any body is interested? you are more than welcome to try them, i live over in Warrington. cheers kind regards Adey.
adey34 is offline   Reply With Quote