Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

GLT ...... bay of evil

Views : 2644

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 4th, 2010, 21:36   #21
goodolboy

Default Many Thanks , Great Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetronic63 View Post
I get the feeling the sometimes peoples expectations on this forum are unrealistic and we can be very quick to judge and have uninformed opinions (guilty on that one !).

We would all like to find that fault free, time warp car that we can pick up for a the cost of a pint. Realistically, 240s are all old cars now and nearly all will need money spending on them to keep them on the road. This seller seems to have been honest in the description and I think £500 is an extremely reasonably price for a useable car. Seriously £500 ! - the seller isn't going to able to retire on the profit from that so I don't think anyone should be suggesting he is profiteering. At that money, you could run it for a year and dump it before the next MOT or start working your way through the list of things to do which are inevitable on a car of this age.

My GLT had many more issues than this one appears to have but its turned out to be a great car and a very satisfying one to own after sorting out all it's little 'issues' - I still have the reminders to prove it, scrapes, burns, oily finger nails, garage full of mystery objects and an empty wallet !

Oh and good luck with the sale - looks a very nice car and I would certainly be round to view if I was in the market for a 240.
Hi There Jetronic , Nice Car , Many thanks for your Great spport on this , i've had a run of positive comments tonight , i would love to keep this car , but have 4 other classics , and two of them in need of work , i have just completed a Chevy Van after 6 years which has left the pot empty , so i had to make a hard choice on the Volvo going up for sale , it really is a nice car to drive , and looking at yours makes me want to keep it more , and this super forum is better entertainment than the telly ,, if it don't sell on this run , i may advertise the Chevy for a quick sale before the summer ends as it's a seasonal vehicle , it that happends the volvo will stay with me , and all the work will get done , good luck with yours and thanks for the inspiration , Cheers Buddy ,,,,Goodolboy
goodolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 12:45   #22
vampwitch

It's a nice looking car, and a fair price, if wasn't for the fact I have difficulties driving manuals, I would take this off your hand. no problem. So it has some adviseries, its 21yrs old, my V70XC had adviseries when I bought it 3yrs ago. What do people want for £500-£600.

I hope this goes to some one who will look after it and restore it to its former glory. Exhausts rot out, I was for ever changing them on my 144, as for the body work, so what, a bit of time and some elbow grease that can be sorted.

Good luck with the sale.
vampwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vampwitch For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 15:57   #23
Raymondtimms

Default For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo_240 View Post
I have contacted the seller of the car today. It is literally around the corner from me. I was going to go and view this having spoke to the seller he wants £550 the bonnet needs resprayed and ten advisors on MOT make It hard to for me to part with this sort of money for it as I think he got it for buttons!!!

Nice car though rare colour for a GLT.

Hello do not want to be cheeky but I am selling a GLT Estate and am in Bristol so you must be close to me (I think the one you were interested in has sold) It has an immaculate Tan/beige leather interior, 11 months MOT but tax ran out last week. I have owned it for 18 years but I now need an automatic car. The mileage is 87,500 but cambelt has been changed. For what it is worth I have a file with service history and reciepts. The bodywork is sound and I have enjoyed the car. If you would like further information Please get in touch - if you are not interested I will advertise on ebay. Its too good too scrap but advertising on here as needs an enthusiast.
Ray Timms
Raymondtimms is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raymondtimms For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 21:13   #24
Paul240480
Ovlovnut

Raymondstimms your car sounds really good. Please if poss put some pics up on this forum before you submit to 'fleabay'.

More chance of getting an ' enthusiast buyer' here

good luck with the sale
http://moncopainmonchien.jimdo.com/
Paul240480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 09:23   #25
goodolboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampwitch View Post
It's a nice looking car, and a fair price, if wasn't for the fact I have difficulties driving manuals, I would take this off your hand. no problem. So it has some adviseries, its 21yrs old, my V70XC had adviseries when I bought it 3yrs ago. What do people want for £500-£600.

I hope this goes to some one who will look after it and restore it to its former glory. Exhausts rot out, I was for ever changing them on my 144, as for the body work, so what, a bit of time and some elbow grease that can be sorted.

Good luck with the sale.
Hey Vampwitch ,

Many thanks for your super comments , i'ts great to know there's more than one of us on the same planet that thinks the same way , the 600 price was caped to stop any crazy bidders , and hopfully find the right buyer , the good news is , it sold the other evening , for just over 550 , the buyer is overseas at the moment , but will be back in the middle of the month , he seems a real genuine guy , i am still working on the car for him , sorting a couple of the advisories out , i'll keep in touch on the way the sale goes , as for price , i was thinking about the 2nd car i purchased back in 1980 , that was 500 quid , 10 years old , and cost the equivlent of 10 weeks wages back then , kind of sums it all up really ,, a good cheap runner , Many thanks again , i will need to buy another Volvo now to find somthing to talk about ,, this forum's been great ,,,,, Kind regards ,, GOODOLBOY
The Following User Says Thank You to goodolboy For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 09:28   #26
goodolboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondtimms View Post
Hello do not want to be cheeky but I am selling a GLT Estate and am in Bristol so you must be close to me (I think the one you were interested in has sold) It has an immaculate Tan/beige leather interior, 11 months MOT but tax ran out last week. I have owned it for 18 years but I now need an automatic car. The mileage is 87,500 but cambelt has been changed. For what it is worth I have a file with service history and reciepts. The bodywork is sound and I have enjoyed the car. If you would like further information Please get in touch - if you are not interested I will advertise on ebay. Its too good too scrap but advertising on here as needs an enthusiast.
Ray Timms
Hi Ray , sounds a good un , love to see pic's on the site , or email them to me if you like , boymus@ntlworld.com ,,, Cheers Goodolboy
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 23:20   #27
Raymondtimms

Default sold

car now sold via this forum!:
Raymondtimms is offline   Reply With Quote