Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > AWD Discussion

Notices

AWD Discussion A forum dedicated to the AWD systems fitted to Volvo cars.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2014 XC70 DSTC / PAM errors

Views : 3944

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 10th, 2019, 21:48   #1
sellxc70

Default 2014 XC70 DSTC / PAM errors

Hi all,

I hoping someone here maybe able to assist. Apologies if some items below are not completely AWD related.

Last week, whilst driving, I received a 'DSTC Service' and 'Parking Assistance service' warning on the information screen. These both came on at the same time.

I parked up at my destination and on restarting there were no further errors until 2-3days later when they showed again and are now permanent, even after disconnecting the battery.

I've plugged in my vida dice and the network is showing red failed communication from the DEM and PAM. Other links are all green.

The error codes logged are listed below.

CCM-B103087 Left front seat heater - bus signal / message failure - missing message
CCM-103287 Right front seat heater - bus signal / message failure - missing message
BCM - U013600 Lost communication with DEM rear
CEM - U013600 Lost communication with DEM rear
CEM - U015900 Lost communication with PAM
CVM - U041568 Invalid data received from BCM - Algorithm based failue - event information
DIM - U015900 Lost communication with PAM

My plan this weekend is to check the DEM and PAM for 12v and any resistance in the communications link.

Apart from that is seems unlikely that these errors are not all linked to one item. The passenger seat & heater rarely gets used so a problem with this seems unlikely.

If anyone has a recommendation for the best approach on which items to check first I would be grateful.

Regards, Steve

Last edited by sellxc70; Jan 10th, 2019 at 23:09.
sellxc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2019, 08:01   #2
jgjones095
Master Member

Did you clear the codes and see what ones returned?

2.4t V70XC Auto 2001 165k
D5 185 XC70 M66 2006 202k
jgjones095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2019, 09:29   #3
sellxc70

Hi,

The codes listed are the ones that remain after 'erasing all'

I changed the haldex oil and cleaned the pump sock (70% blocked) about 3months ago and all was well until last week.

My searches for haldex 5 dem problems don't return much.

Hopefully I can fix the awd before the weather turns

Thanks, Steve
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 12:55   #4
sellxc70

Hi,

I'm looking into the problem today and have found there there is no 12v power supply to several fuses below the glove box.

#26 - Seat heating passenger
#27 - Seat heating drivers
#28 - Parking Assistance
#29 - AWD control module

Oddly enough, these fuses are all in a line on the RHS bank of the fuse box.

What would be the next course of action. I wasn't hoping to resolve this without going to the dealer.

Regards, Steve
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 13:49   #5
37 RUBY
Master Member

Strange that you should lose power to that bank of fuses. I wonder what controls the power to that circuit.

Does Vida show a master supply and fuse? to that bank of fuses..

Could there be a broken earth path wire for that circuit?
37 RUBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 15:59   #6
sellxc70

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 RUBY View Post
Strange that you should lose power to that bank of fuses. I wonder what controls the power to that circuit.

Does Vida show a master supply and fuse? to that bank of fuses..

Could there be a broken earth path wire for that circuit?
I don't seem to have the wiring diagrams on my vida software. I will need to see if I can find this and trace the problem.

I did find a post on a search where someone had a similar problem with the AWD/PAM fault; unfortunately there was not follow up on how it was resolved.

Regards, Steve
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 11:00   #7
37 RUBY
Master Member

Unfortunately you will need someone other than me for a definitive answer, someone who is well versed in canbus systems.
However I do know from experience that it doesn't like noise or interference as this disrupts the signals sent and received. This can be as simple as a pin connector that is not as tight as it should be or corrosion in a terminal. A broken wire going to earth could also be the culprit. I've read threads of XC60 owners who located fray cables near the alternator.

It is also well documented for P3 V70/XC70 that there have been instances of water ingress corroding the terminal block of the CEM causing all manner of error codes.
Might be prudent to disconnect the CEM and check each pin. Don't forget to disconnect the battery and give it a while to discharge before you do or you'll trigger loads of other error codes.

Voltage is also very important. Canbus doesn't like voltage drop. Check at the battery what you have.
I've also read threads where people have replaced a tired battery and cured their issues.

Best of luck. Lettuce snow how you get on.

Cheers

Dave
37 RUBY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 37 RUBY For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 13:01   #8
sellxc70

Hi Dave, thanks for your post. Nice car and good colour choice you have there :-)

I managed to locate a wiring diagram late yesterday evening and have traced this bank of fuses to relay R1 which is positioned above the fuses.

As it was late, I have yet to remove this relay to test the switch and continuity but if seems highly likely that this is the culprit.

I will update once I've checked the relay later today. All going well I will have my AWD and traction control back shortly, along with heated seats and parking sensors.

Have you changed the haldex oil & gearbox oil in your xc70 yet.

Regards, Steve

Tags
relay