Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

mte power figure?

Views : 867

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 24th, 2009, 19:26   #1
big radius

Default mte power figure?

what sort of power figure would i achieve from an mte remap
if i fitted a larger intercooler (losing air con) and a full 3" system inc race cat?

my2000 v70r 5 speed auto
big radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 21:17   #2
stevesR
VOC Member

speak to don to get an accurate answer,he knows his stuff and you get no bull s**t.
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 10:25   #3
big radius

yeah i figured as much to be honest i noticed he was on here a lot and thought he might of replied.

cheers
kev
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 01:49   #4
saturnuranus
VOC Member

He's not on here that often. You may get a quicker reponse by sending him a PM as he is probably set up to get email notifications of such an event .
saturnuranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 08:08   #5
don kalmar union
Trader

Default MTE Software.

I am here most days...but like others sometimes have something else that takes me away for a day or to....also many who used to frequent this forum and who are in to modifying their cars are more comfortable and wellcome at www.t5d5.org and elswhere these days.

To the original enquiry..... you should see 300bhp plus with an MTE software upgrade and a full exhaust system comprising of downpipe with special 100cel cat and sports cat-back. You will consolidate and increase engine outputs at this level in the areas of longevity by considering reworking the standard turbo and fitting water injection. If you were to replace your standard turbo with a 19T or the KKK from the later 'R' cars you would need to fit the larger injectors from those Rs.

A replacement intercooler will substitute for water injection but it is difficult to get in as the two bonnet locks obstruct one of adequate size. A big IC will fit with the air con. in place. The big IC is costly so the additional cost of removing the bonnet locks and fitting lockable external bonnet latches would be acceptable...I believe

I have an '01 S60 T5 which I have raced in the Britcar long distance series and it has a reworked 19T, bigger R injectors, full exhaust, ported and polished head, large intercooler plus water injection, the engine is fully balanced with stronger 'chinese' rods and gives over 325bhp with a fine flat mid range torque curve all on MTE software.

Hope that helps....please call me if neccessary.

Best regards, Don.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 18:27   #6
big radius

hi don cheers for the reply

i believe that mine already has the 19t as it is the 99/00 2.4r or am i miss informed?
also what would you class as an adequate intercooler? i have been looking at charge coolers but i dont think that there is a enough room under the bonnet shame really as i believe these to be 12 times more efficient size for size.

as for the mte remap is it a base map that is altered accordingly or is it a complete custom map?

ive got a good price of £450 for a complete one off exhaust although i have to supply the cat but this guys welding is second to none and he specializes in race bikes including drag bikes so i have some faith in his ability.
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 19:16   #7
don kalmar union
Trader

Default What Shape.

We may be talking at cross purposes here....

Is your car a new shape V70 P2 or the very last of the earlier cars with the higher power engine?

Don.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 21:29   #8
big radius

hi don its the last of the earlier cars
265bhp, twin exhaust, bigger brakes, 5 speed gearbox, oil spray bars, etc

kev