Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What do wish Volvo would copy from other manufacturers?

Views : 14034

Replies : 155

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 9th, 2019, 09:29   #41
mr rusty

Quote:
what wheels do you have on yours? 20"?
I can tell you a V90 momentum on the 17" 225-55 tyres rides like a dream - one of the reasons I went for the momentum - I do big miles, and comfort is king

The other reason was the seats - I really didn't like the extending part of the inscription seats, but that's prob just me. I find standard momentum seats extremely comfortable.
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 09:47   #42
jonnyu

My Volvo XC60 inscription is perfect.
However, I would value:
  • a 40-20-40 back seat - similar to audi
  • a bit more definition from my 360 cameras - similar to tesla
  • an option to have a bigger central screen for the infotainment system - similar to tesla
  • the ability to use the cameras in the car with the phone app when the car is turned off - similar to tesla
  • the ability to have a silent alarm triggered with the cameras capturing what's happening - similar to tesla
  • more apps in sensus or any other OS and the ability to synchronize with a google account for example to sync calendars and other definitions etc - similar to polestar 2 or xc40 electric
  • ability to customize the dashboard display with the information more valuable for each driver - similar to mercedes
  • sun curtains for the rear windows - similar to xc90
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 10:56   #43
Ringthane
VOC Member

Not quite perfect then
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 11:33   #44
Hartlepool Mariner

Unlimited mileage warranty as per Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar etc.
Sat nav that shows minor roads without having to zoom in.
Sat nav that lists delays by road number as per Mercedes Command.
Electrically adjustable head rests.
Steering wheel mounted gear lever.
Water temperature gauge.
Hartlepool Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 11:45   #45
Lexman8
Premier Member

Default Wish list

Not much really:
  • Programmable physical buttons; eg 360 camera & start/stop
  • Non-opening sunroof (cheaper, less to go wrong)
  • Temperature gauge on 12" display
  • Improved suspension and sound proofing
  • Multi-position rotary switch for Drive Mode to allow 'permanent' setting
  • Faster windows (really, much faster)
  • More USB sockets inc USB-C to enable fast charging
  • Wireless charging
  • Brighter (LED) reversing lights
  • Faster app loading, esp Spotify, TuneIn
  • Improved app update process
  • Sensus waits a few mins before switching off fully to avoid the whole reboot process
  • Have maps and navigation in metric but speed, etc in imperial
  • Speed limit warning set in 1 mph steps, not 5 mph
  • More paint colour choices
  • Extended VoC time before standby mode; eg 8 days so pre-heating works after a 1-week ski trip
  • Gradient band windscreen
  • Better voice recognition
  • Improved reliability
  • Improved s/w testing
  • Better ambient cabin lighting
  • Better voice recognition
  • Built-in dashcam(s)
  • Carplay and Android Auto as standard
  • Lexus-standard dealerships
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 12:37   #46
gaby
Premier Member

[QUOTE=Hartlepool Electrically adjustable head rests.[/QUOTE]
They are head restraints, not head rests.
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 13:05   #47
Moonlanders

So I had settled on the XC90 as my next choice of car and now we have a thread with 5 pages of suggested improvements. Are the Volvo owners community a bunch of complaining people who are never satisfied with what they have (in which case I will fit in perfectly!) or is there something fundamentally flawed with Volvo's approach where they are focusing on safety to the detriment of driver comfort?

I have opted for the XC90 on the basis of the large boot (especially with the third row of seats folded down) and the T8 hybrid (though safety is also an important factor). The alternative option if I did not go for the hybrid would be the Q7 Vorsprung edition, but the PHEV did swing it for me. I am looking for a car to keep for 6 to 8 years (I do an average of 15,000 miles per year) and this is not a company car so BIK is not a consideration.

A little confirmation I have made the right option despite all the above comments would be welcomed! Thanks.
Moonlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 13:23   #48
Milliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlanders View Post
So I had settled on the XC90 as my next choice of car and now we have a thread with 5 pages of suggested improvements. Are the Volvo owners community a bunch of complaining people who are never satisfied with what they have (in which case I will fit in perfectly!) or is there something fundamentally flawed with Volvo's approach where they are focusing on safety to the detriment of driver comfort?

I have opted for the XC90 on the basis of the large boot (especially with the third row of seats folded down) and the T8 hybrid (though safety is also an important factor). The alternative option if I did not go for the hybrid would be the Q7 Vorsprung edition, but the PHEV did swing it for me. I am looking for a car to keep for 6 to 8 years (I do an average of 15,000 miles per year) and this is not a company car so BIK is not a consideration.

A little confirmation I have made the right option despite all the above comments would be welcomed! Thanks.
I've had my T8 for 3 years and am still amazed by how well it covers long distance journeys in complete comfort having just had a weekend away. Effortless overtaking too.

There are plenty of niggles and improvements, and I'd agree with quite a few of those mentioned, but the model is 5 years old now, which in terms of the in-car tech is a long while. If it helps, I was going to get another XC90 at the end of my lease in October - the first time I've ever gone for the same car or even brand consecutively.

Decided to keep it an extra year (possibly two) in the end.

One thing to consider though, but the next gen is due for a reveal in 2021 and apparently on sale in 2022.

As you're looking at a longer term purchase, and you'll only get it next year, that might be a consideration?
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 13:48   #49
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyu View Post
My Volvo XC60 inscription is perfect.
However, I would value:
  • a 40-20-40 back seat - similar to audi
  • a bit more definition from my 360 cameras - similar to tesla
  • an option to have a bigger central screen for the infotainment system - similar to tesla
  • the ability to use the cameras in the car with the phone app when the car is turned off - similar to tesla
  • the ability to have a silent alarm triggered with the cameras capturing what's happening - similar to tesla
    (...)
ooh man... 😄 just buy a ****in' Tesla then! 😂
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 13:55   #50
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlanders View Post

I'm very happy with mine. I will probably buy it out at the end of the lease next March.

I've has a good selection of rivals and this car compares more than well against any of them and no current rival gets me excited. Not even the LR Defender that I have a deposit down on and which I will most probably withdraw. It is just too showy and more suitable for travellers or funfair owners than for my taste.