Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General > 300/66 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1989 F Volvo 360 GLE

Views : 1863

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 9th, 2012, 15:32   #1
BA Baracus

Default 1989 F Volvo 360 GLE

Resplendant in retro gold, this is the 2.0 version with the Volvo red block engine, which has done almost 59000 miles. It doesn't have any service history, but does have all the old MOT certificates to prove the mileage. It has MOT until July 2013 and tax until end December 2012. I have owned the car since October 2009, and it really has been one the best, most reliable cars I have owned. It hasn't been my every day car and has been insured on a limited mileage policy at 3000 miles per year. The only time it hasn't started is when it needed a replacement battery (about two years ago) and new HT leads (July this year), but other that it has been fine. For the MOT this year I had to weld a patch on the rear of the OS sill.

The interior is in very good original condition. The seats are beige velour, the door cards and carpets are beige, the dashboard is black. It has original Volvo moulded rubber mats front and rear.

Below is a list of bad points about the car:-
-The rear OS wheel arch is crumpled in. I bought the car like this and it hasn't really bothered me.
-There is some rust, namely on the front valance, but also some to the sills and door bottoms. All this can be seen in the pictures below.
-There is some lacquer peeling off on the drivers side front and rear wings. This is where there has previously been stickers and the lacquer has come off with the stickers. It's annoying, but it's a cheap car.
-The exhaust isn't quite fitted properly and therefore fouls on the NS leaf spring. It is secured properly on its mounts, but it does vibrate against the leaf spring. The exhaust doesn't blow though.
-The drivers side electric window doesn't work. I think it needs a new motor, as when the switch is pressed you can hear it clicking, so the switch and wiring must be fine.
-The heated seats don't seem to work, but this has never bothered me.
-The sunroof is broken. I have never actually tried to open it, but I think the mechanism is broken in some way and the rear of the panel drops down when closed. The panel is supported up so it is sealed and doesn't leak.
-The central locking functions but doesn't work on the rear OS door, but since it still works on the driver and passenger doors, it hasn't bothered me.

I think I've covered everything in the description and the pictures, so there shouldn't be any surpirises when viewing the car.
I've got a spare diff from another 360, which can be taken with the car or seperately if you wish, but it's collection only.
The car is located in Derby.
I'm looking for £300 ono.

BA Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 12:06   #2
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Message sent.
360beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 11:46   #3
BA Baracus

Now sold!
BA Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote