Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Also looking for a Amazon Estate

Views : 3449

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 10:07   #1
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Default Also looking for a Amazon Estate

Hi Guys,

I had a chat with the mrs yesterday about buying an Amazon estate and I got the go ahead as long as we have one new car for her and driving in winter etc so am on the look out for a Amazon estate in good condition. Mechanically not too fussed about condition, obviously the better the condition the better but what I want is one with good body work with no or very little rust.

If anyone has a good Amazon estate out there please pm, email or phone me. Am in no rush so I will wait for the right vehicle.

Cheers,

Mitch
mitchthe@hotmail.com

Last edited by Burdekin; Apr 3rd, 2011 at 10:29.
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 21:26   #2
pez
VOC Member

hiya mitch,what about the low mileage dark green one thats advertised from a dealer on the classic car website??
bit steep at 8 grand though i know!!
just ring them and offer them 5 grand!! nowt to loose!
good luck with the search though.
pez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 22:03   #3
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Thanks for the tip and will have a look.
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 06:35   #4
Premature

The green one for sale at Thornfalcon classics seems to have sold. Whether they got the asking price or not, I am not sure, but it seemed to go quite quickly.

It had only done something like 43,000 miles, so in some ways it was almost too good to use as a daily driver.
Premature is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Premature For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 10:08   #5
swedishandgerman
Premier Member

Quite a few Amazon estates available in Sweden, but of course they're left hand drive. No cheaper than in this country either....

http://www.blocket.se/

They're a bit cheaper in Finland, but I can't find a Ebay type thing for Finland. Still left hand drive and a very long way back to the UK!

The increasing value of Amazon Estates - they're getting rare...
1970 Amazon 2-Door
1970 142DL
swedishandgerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 12:05   #6
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Thanks. Want it as a daily drive and left hand drive wouldn't be ideal. Anyone imported one from oz and have any idea how much it would cost to send one over? Saying that I have never seen one over there but a better chance of less rust if I did find one. Back home in Sept/Oct for a trip so if I haven't found a decent one by then I'll start to look around oz for one if price permits.
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 12:15   #7
Alf ista
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch1971 View Post
Anyone imported one from oz and have any idea how much it would cost to send one over? Saying that I have never seen one over there but a better chance of less rust if I did find one.
Imported a Mk2 Jag from Oz once. Seem to remember it cost around €3000, but not sure. Oz is big, so it depends on which part you are sending from. And like the States there are dry parts and wet parts. So not necessarily all rot free. Mind you that Jag had zero rust and it was fifty years old..... still miss it....
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 12:33   #8
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

I spoke to my father on the weekend and he said it hasn't stopped raining this summer and they're still getting rain. But it's mainly the salt air that rusts cars in oz so if you can get one that's not from the coast then much better chance of no rust. I had a couple of old Holdens when I was younger and they were spotless and you see so many older cars in oz compared to the UK. In Queensland where I come from you don't even need a MOT, only if you buy a car second hand then it needs to pass the MOT but that is it. Other parts of Oz have different regulations on this though. But as I can never remember seeing an Amazon or P1800 in the 30 years I lived there then the real problem is that there just isn't many of them.
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 14:02   #9
Alf ista
Premier Member

Oops, sorry Mitch, didnt realise you were from down under. Actually I work with an Aussie and he has two fifties Holdens. A ute an a sedan. He shipped one from back home and the other we went to London to get. Lovely cars.
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 18:17   #10
pez
VOC Member

one on ebay at the moment,sorry dont know how to put a link to it!! be quick though only 17 hours left!! not very good pics,but does look good,and the write up sounds promising if its all true and correct? worth a look though.
pez is offline   Reply With Quote