Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

coin tray and brace 1800s

Views : 3780

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 17:52   #11
superspod

is this what you mean?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-volv...item460b7bd09f
hope this helps,
cameron
superspod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 22:31   #12
ANDREWNT

Default coin tray and brace

Thanks very much for alerting me to this. I am actually after the smaller version shown earlier in the thread in keeping with my car's model year, but thanks again.
ANDREWNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 14:38   #13
ANDREWNT

Default Coin tray and brace found

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDREWNT View Post
Hi i have a 1967 1800s which should have a tray which sits on a metal brace between the front seats. Has anyone got one out of an old car. Probably quite rare if you have one please contact me to discuss price. Also if anyone could send me dimensions of tray I would be most grateful. Thanks
Just to finish this off a coin tray and brace arrived today from South Dakota in good order unfortunately via HMRC! Thanks for help provided
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 18:05   #14
Alf ista
Premier Member

Good man. Glad it worked out.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:33   #15
paul staines

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDREWNT View Post
Hi i have a 1967 1800s which should have a tray which sits on a metal brace between the front seats. Has anyone got one out of an old car. Probably quite rare if you have one please contact me to discuss price. Also if anyone could send me dimensions of tray I would be most grateful. Thanks
Hi Andrew mines a 1966. Should i have one of these ? . Never seen one before. Regards Paul
paul staines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 13:54   #16
ANDREWNT

Hi, no they were introduced for 1967 which is why they can be tricky to find as they were only in the cars for a few years before the bigger square lockable console came along, same year as they changed the steering wheel! Handy though and I have seen some older cars with them fitted. Been reading the through the forum see you are doing a lot of work to engine etc did you ever fit an Accuspark ? to replace points?

Cheers
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 14:55   #17
paul staines

Engine being re built at the moment all new components being used,replacing everything. Trying to keep it fairly standard,apart from new hotter cam,123 electronic distributer,lightened flywheel,plastic fan,steel timing gear,larger carb jet,stainless sports exhaust. cant wait to get it on the road. The guy i bought the seat parts from had a 2 spoke steering wheel on ebay start bid £80.00. finished no bidders . Thought that was cheap.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 16:38   #18
ANDREWNT

Hi Yes i know I was bidding on that steering wheel he actually cancelled the auction early as he sold it elsewhere, he did that with a couple of bits. Although it was only at £80 i would have gone up to about £!50 as it included the boss/horn button and looked in very good nick. I sent him a message but it had gone pity but he may well have been offered more than that.
Sounds like a lot of really interesting work on your engine, must be great to be able to do that.
My car has done about 90,000 miles from new, the engine seems ok driving home from picking up car about 90 miles, though rev counter slightly out !!! not been out much since then with winter and salted roads.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 17:37   #19
paul staines

Need to remove rev counter and have it re calibrated to work with the 123 electronic ignition. Found a local firm to do this for me,they will repair the clock also. They rarely work. as for the steering wheel £150.00 = good buy,
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 20:40   #20
swede

Default brace

I am fairly sure I have the bracket (brace) part from a P1800 inmy garage.
swede is offline   Reply With Quote