Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC40 '18> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC40 '18> General Forum for vehicles post 2018 on the Compact Modular Architecture or CMA Platform

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What's it for?

Views : 4437

Replies : 45

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 28th, 2022, 13:35   #21
Haldex
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyfrog View Post
The only negative so far. Lack of storage
Luggage space? Well that's expected, coming from a V90.. But cabin storage is actually better I think - with a cubby below the display, large door pockets, under seat drawers, etc.. These I found to be an improvement over XC60.

XC40 B4 RD AWD
Haldex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2022, 14:43   #22
Rustyfrog
Grumpy Pond Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldex View Post
Luggage space? Well that's expected, coming from a V90.. But cabin storage is actually better I think - with a cubby below the display, large door pockets, under seat drawers, etc.. These I found to be an improvement over XC60.
Volvo must have forgotten to put under seat drawers in mine.
Just had a look.

.................................................. ..
I thought that growing old would take a little longer
Rustyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2022, 16:12   #23
Haldex
Premier Member

Not sure if these were an option on some trims..

XC40 B4 RD AWD
The Following User Says Thank You to Haldex For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 29th, 2022, 07:12   #24
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by S90 View Post
Its a frankfurter holder, well known. You can use the Volvo branded frankfurter to test the auto stop on the electric windows if you feel your childs fingers are too valuable.
As this has now been asked of I felt the need to fly over to Sweden and ask the people who designed it, this was the reply.

The Tooonelgrip (that's the plastic part) was fitted for the UK and Australian markets, the use of the Tooonelgrip is for when the owner is a complete nutter living in rural areas so that the passenger may have something to grip on to on both sides of themselves when banking hard round corners.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2022, 10:57   #25
KeithR56

Default Under seat drawer

Quote:
Not sure if these were an option on some trims
My understanding is the under seat drawer was part of the Versatility Pack. The car I bought was advertised with the Versatility pack so expected to have the following fitted:-

Quote:
the VERSATILITY PACK is a great option. This pack offers a power operated tailgate, foldable floor hatch with grocery bag holder. Power foldable rear headrests from centre stack display. Keyless entry with remote tag. Storage box under the driver seat
(Volvo UK web site)

Unfortunately, when I picked up my car I found it didn’t have the under seat storage, foldable headrests, or remote tag (AKA Sport Key). The salesman informed me that these features had been dropped for MY22 cars due to customer feedback. More like cost cutting if you ask me.
Old Nov 29th, 2022, 15:19   #26
Haldex
Premier Member

I haven’t optioned such pack - but I do have a power tailgate, underseat drawers, and keyless entry - but no activity key (I wanted to order it separately but they said it was discontinued..). I guess market-specific differences..

XC40 B4 RD AWD
Old Nov 29th, 2022, 19:44   #27
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
I haven’t optioned such pack - but I do have a power tailgate, underseat drawers, and keyless entry - but no activity key (I wanted to order it separately but they said it was discontinued..). I guess market-specific differences..
Should be able to add it later, they're often on Amazon or the Bay as bare models that will require programming, it was the only one I used to use as it was the only one that fitted in a faraday box.
The Following User Says Thank You to SnineT For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 30th, 2022, 09:44   #28
Haldex
Premier Member

I was gonna - but having gotten used to living without it - ie. carrying the large main key fob - I've given up on it..

XC40 B4 RD AWD
Old Nov 30th, 2022, 10:03   #29
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
I was gonna - but having gotten used to living without it - ie. carrying the large main key fob - I've given up on it..
If you want a Faraday look at the Volletti iirc you want the Max one or the key won't fit in it, its £39.99 on Amazon and be careful as the model has two sizes so make sure you order the large one, none of their other models are big enough but as it's a milled alloy box kinda like a Zippo without the flip lid (that ones too small) in black, kinda protects you as you walk away from the car where the motion keys won't. It's the only one I've seen that is metal and big enough.

It literally is the only one that can handle the key, I had another by iBroker that could take the key but at an angle, that one looks like a suitcase with a hinge lid and is about the size of a 20 cigs packet in Superking size, currently £14.99 iirc blue or black.

Assuming you are looking for one, don't get the wallets they break after a few months wear.

Last edited by SnineT; Nov 30th, 2022 at 10:05.
Old Nov 30th, 2022, 12:05   #30
KeithR56

I was offered a key tag (activity key) on collecting my car for £75 plus a programming fee. I chose to live without it.

It’s a sealed waterproof key, so no way to change the battery without breaking it open and getting the soldering iron out. For most people this would mean that the key will only last as long as the battery. I might be wrong, but I don’t think they had motion technology either.