Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Key fob issues

Views : 1168

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 6th, 2023, 08:39   #1
Bashy
Aged Member

Default Key fob issues

Hi folks, my key fob(s) have decided to only work if they are pointed right at the dash area, anything else and they do not work, I am sure i have seen sommat like this before on here but Key Fob didn't yield any results.

Is it the ring around the ignition lock or sommat like that or is that a different issue?

Thanks.
Old May 6th, 2023, 08:58   #2
ele288

The remote receiver is in UEM and is inside the mirror. Sometimes you have to reset UEM with vida to make it work. Look on the Web how to reset UEM
ele288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2023, 09:09   #3
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ele288 View Post
The remote receiver is in UEM and is inside the mirror. Sometimes you have to reset UEM with vida to make it work. Look on the Web how to reset UEM
Hi, thanks for the reply, just tried...
- Close all of the doors and bonnet.
- Key in position II engine not running.
- Hold both the driver window and passenger window switches in the driver door panel in the closed or up position for 5 to 8 seconds after the windows are closed.
- Release buttons.
- Remove the ignition key.
- Operated the remote twice. lock/unlock lock/unlock.
Sadly it didn't resolve the issue...
Old May 6th, 2023, 11:34   #4
Lancee
Premier Member

Are the key fob batteries good ?
Lancee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2023, 12:00   #5
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancee View Post
Are the key fob batteries good ?
Hi, thanks but that was the 1st thing i did for both fobs even though they'd only been in 6 months, i did it anyway as ya cant trust 'elcheapo batteries and i even tried another 2 batteries to be on the safe side and still the same issue, the fob has to be pointed directly at the car from (from the back), they would normally work any old how, even through the carport door, they wont do that now, only happened this morning, i used the car 1st thing (5:30am) and it was fine then...
Old May 6th, 2023, 15:43   #6
Longhouse21
Master Member

Have you or a neighbour installed any new wireless devices? Or is there a delivery near-by being done by a remotely controlled HIAB or similar?
I've had similar issues when I've been on construction sites and there's been a delivery of materials being off-loaded using a wireless remote system.
The Following User Says Thank You to Longhouse21 For This Useful Post:
Old May 6th, 2023, 20:27   #7
Simmy
Premier Member

iv experienced this kind or thing when parked nr a taxi office with a strong raidio signal transmitter, all fobs and unlocking disabled.
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2023, 10:44   #8
Bashy
Aged Member

No taxis near me, I am in a village. What's more weird is that it was fine this morning at 5am
Old May 7th, 2023, 11:52   #9
Simmy
Premier Member

are there an raidio hams in the area easily identified by huge Ariel's these can affect electrical components up to abt 2 miles dependant on there transmitter strength.
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2023, 12:01   #10
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
are there an raidio hams in the area easily identified by huge Ariel's these can affect electrical components up to abt 2 miles dependant on there transmitter strength.
Ifntherneis then this would be more frequent than a one off I would have thought.