Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars > T5/R Registers

Notices

T5/R Registers Forum for the T5, T5R and R model registers.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 T6 Performance Improvements ?

Views : 5000

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 29th, 2013, 18:53   #11
madmuffet

Oh man... there's 3 on Ebay at the mo, two white, one dark blue...
£4999 to £6995..
I want, I want, I WANT!!
Need to offload the T5 first tho'

I'm not jealous.....
madmuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2013, 20:53   #12
keithC70

Is this where they came from, Brightwells at Leominster?

http://www.brightwells.com/Vehicles/...stResults.aspx
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 19:43   #13
steve mooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca2 View Post
Shell v power really works in these cars, I started using it once in a while in the T5 just to pep it up on long motorway runs. I now use it all the time it actually returns better mpg and noticeable performance improvement full boost acceleration is awesome.
Everyone on here says changing the plugs is the best bang for bucks improvement you can make, and I agree mine feels like a new car when the plugs get done, air filter change really helps too. I Use Volvo plugs or Ngk iridium tipped. You should check if any of the nutters over on T5d5 are setting up a dyno day anywhere near you in the springtime , it lets you check the actual output without forking the full cost out if you go alone.
Make sure you change the oil out for fully synthetic that beast is going to need it!
Keep us updated on how you get on with it, I am kicking myself for not having jumped on a flight to buy it, never mind I would probably have wrapped it round a tree by now, the T5 is addictive enough.
Hi Orca2.
The car has now had all filters, spark plugs, and fully synthetic oil flush / change. I really noticed a change after the air filter & spark plug change. Just the transmission flush to do, and cabin filter. Have you ever changed the cabin filter yourself?.. I looked through various clips on youtube, but theres no recent V70 films on there... Im presuming its at the back of the centre console somewhere ( on the passenger side )... Also ive been using the tesco 99ron "Momentum" as well as V-Power. This also seems to run pretty well...
steve mooney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve mooney For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 19:45   #14
steve mooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmuffet View Post
Oh man... there's 3 on Ebay at the mo, two white, one dark blue...
£4999 to £6995..
I want, I want, I WANT!!
Need to offload the T5 first tho'

I'm not jealous.....
Just had a look - and theres some T6's on there.
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 19:51   #15
steve mooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithC70 View Post
Is this where they came from, Brightwells at Leominster?

http://www.brightwells.com/Vehicles/...stResults.aspx
I got mine from a car dealer in Peterborough.
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 19:58   #16
Orca2
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve mooney View Post
Hi Orca2.
The car has now had all filters, spark plugs, and fully synthetic oil flush / change. I really noticed a change after the air filter & spark plug change. Just the transmission flush to do, and cabin filter. Have you ever changed the cabin filter yourself?.. I looked through various clips on youtube, but theres no recent V70 films on there... Im presuming its at the back of the centre console somewhere ( on the passenger side )... Also ive been using the tesco 99ron "Momentum" as well as V-Power. This also seems to run pretty well...
I have never changed the cabin filter, i run with the window down most of the time.lol, I do enjoy the feeling when air filter and plugs are changed, the engine note changes noticably,its like the car gradually gets a little sluggish and you don't really feel it happening ,then you change out the plugs and whoosh its back on form. The vpower stuff is worth every penny in my opinion if I ever fill up with standard the car feels a bit flat.
Did you ever get a dyno figure on yours?
Orca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 20:10   #17
steve mooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca2 View Post
I have never changed the cabin filter, i run with the window down most of the time.lol, I do enjoy the feeling when air filter and plugs are changed, the engine note changes noticably,its like the car gradually gets a little sluggish and you don't really feel it happening ,then you change out the plugs and whoosh its back on form. The vpower stuff is worth every penny in my opinion if I ever fill up with standard the car feels a bit flat.
Did you ever get a dyno figure on yours?
No Dyno runs yet - i wanted to service the car, and wouldnt mind flushing the transmission first. It was said to have been serviced before i bought it ( may have had the tyres pumped up - but not a lot else done, oil looked pretty dirty, and air filter clearly had not been changed for a while ).
I'll have to look up where my nearest dyno place is, as Norfolk seems a little remote for this.
The Following User Says Thank You to steve mooney For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 21:12   #18
Orca2
I've Been Banned

All those power crazed vpcuk guys are always setting up dyno days where you can get a discounted run for block booking, might be worth checking if they have any coming up near you.
Orca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 22:36   #19
madmuffet

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve mooney View Post
Just had a look - and theres some T6's on there.
the T6's are what I meant Steve...
The blue one's been reduced.
I wonder if it's the one that is listed on that auction that went for £4400?
not a bad bit of profit shown is it??
madmuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 02:41   #20
phillippilkington
Phill

Hi guys, hope you don't mind me hoping on op. I to have just bought a 59 plate ex police t6. I collect it next week. anyone know if they were polestar? guy rekons it is maped but I have no idea. would like to know as I would look at a map of not. any one any other recommendations for tuning these bad boys?