Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Reverse camera on XC60

Views : 3681

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 24th, 2015, 17:45   #11
Kev78

I'd speak to a local reputable in car entertainment shop.

That is crazy money for what is essentially cheap, basic equipment.

I'd also trust them to fit equipment like that without any damage or rattles over a Volvo dealership.
Kev78 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kev78 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 27th, 2024, 04:10   #12
ChileCharly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
You are right , there is nothing saying you MUST have the rear parking sensors , They are a useful extra to have as they show on the screen graphically where the obstacles are as well as the usual audio beeps , but with a camera you don't need them .

There are a lot of pre requisites before the rear camera will fit .

Is the chassis number above 559323 ?
Do you have BLIS or Bending headlights or power rear head restraints ?
Do you have Factory option 820 ? ( wiring loom for camera ) ? Unlikely ..

also do you have the 5" or the 7 " screen ?

Your dealer should be sorting this out for you if they hope to take £1400 off you . go back and demand they do what they are paid to do !

info from the web site below ;
:

Vehicles up to Ch -559322 (model year 14) neither need extra installation kit nor option code 820 ("Parking assistance, camera, rear, preparation").

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For vehicles from and including Ch 559323-, with option code 820 ("Parking assistance, camera, rear, preparation").

Part. No. Description
31408921 14-, Ch 559323-

Vehicles from and including Ch 559323-, with option code 820 ("Parking assistance, camera, rear, preparation") do not need extra installation kit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For vehicles from and including Ch 559323-, without option code 820 ("Parking assistance, camera, rear, preparation") but have one of the following functions: Active Bending Lights - ABL, power folding head restraints and/or BLIS.

Part. No. Description
31408921 14-, Ch 559323-

+ Installation kit, for vehicles from and including Ch 559323-, without option code 820 ("Parking assistance, camera, rear, preparation") but that have one of the following functions: Active Bending Lights - ABL, power folding head restraints and/or BLIS.1

Part. No. Description
31439150 14-, Ch 559323-

For vehicles from and including Ch 559323-, without option code 820 ("Parking assistance, camera, rear, preparation") that do not have one of the following functions: Active Bending Lights - ABL, power folding head restraints or BLIS.

Part. No. Description
31408921 14-, Ch 559323-

+ Installation kit, for vehicles from and including Ch 559323-, without option code 820 ("Parking assistance, camera, rear, preparation") that do not have one of the following functions: Active Bending Lights - ABL, power folding head restraints or BLIS.¹

Part. No. Description
31439150 14-, Ch 559323-

+ CEM, for vehicles from and including Ch 559323-, without option code 820 ("Parking assistance, camera, rear, preparation") that do not have one of the following functions: Active Bending Lights - ABL, power folding head restraints or BLIS.¹

Part. No. Description
31412971 14-, Ch 559323
Hello Clan, I live in Chile, South America, and there are very few reputable dealres, and no one near my town. My wife has a 17 xc60 t5awd with park asist (rear sensors) no camara, but when pressing the blank switch in the panel, it pops a mesage that says "camara not found" does these mean it has the 820 option? We have a small dog that the sensors wont pick, and for my wife peace of mind she would love the camara.

Thanks!

Last edited by ChileCharly; Jan 27th, 2024 at 04:13.
ChileCharly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2024, 13:17   #13
RDesign4Life
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileCharly View Post
Hello Clan, I live in Chile, South America, and there are very few reputable dealres, and no one near my town. My wife has a 17 xc60 t5awd with park asist (rear sensors) no camara, but when pressing the blank switch in the panel, it pops a mesage that says "camara not found" does these mean it has the 820 option? We have a small dog that the sensors wont pick, and for my wife peace of mind she would love the camara.

Thanks!
There are several 3rd party kits that are very good for much less money...

https://www.in-car-install.co.uk/sho...-2015-to-2018/

I bought the front and rear cam kit and a mobile auto-electrician fitted it for me in the car park at work for £150. Took him just over an hour (although did say he used to work for Audi fitting cam kits). There are vids on youtube showing how to do it yourself - it's not actually difficult just time consuming if you haven't done it before...

https://youtu.be/wmskUS3uzm8
RDesign4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RDesign4Life For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 22:01   #14
StuAgain

Default 2023 XC60 Recharge T6 Park Assist Camera

My XC60 (< 2500 miles) has had an intermittent Parking Assist Camera problem in that it regularly didn't work and showed a message that Camera Was Unavailable -Service Required. Now this has become permanent when it should give me a lovely all round view.
Yes, I have cleaned all the cameras.
I assume that this is a known problem as the message is programmed in by Volvo, but I cannot find any information on the cause, what Service is required, what action is required, The Dealer cannot give cogent answer. This seems to be a common problem on various Forum threads.
Has anyone any comments, cures or answers?
StuAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2024, 13:20   #15
RDesign4Life
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuAgain View Post
My XC60 (< 2500 miles) has had an intermittent Parking Assist Camera problem in that it regularly didn't work and showed a message that Camera Was Unavailable -Service Required. Now this has become permanent when it should give me a lovely all round view.
Yes, I have cleaned all the cameras.
I assume that this is a known problem as the message is programmed in by Volvo, but I cannot find any information on the cause, what Service is required, what action is required, The Dealer cannot give cogent answer. This seems to be a common problem on various Forum threads.
Has anyone any comments, cures or answers?
Wrong section. This the pauper's playground for those of us with 7 year old plus heaps.
RDesign4Life is offline   Reply With Quote