Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Power Driver Seat

Views : 692

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 11th, 2008, 09:40   #1
madday

Default Power Driver Seat

Have problem with power driver seat im my s40. Sometimes it goes automaticlly back to allow me get off easilly my car, but most of the times it dosn't.

Anonther think is if I get in the car it dosn't adjust automaticlly to my previous settings. Each time I have to press the memory button.

The car is new and under warranty conditions but I don't know if I should borther the service - maybe I'm just doing sth wrongly?

Is the situation normall?
Can I find some more detailed manuall.

Kind Regards,
Madday
madday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2008, 12:29   #2
MavUK

My MY05 V50 doesn't go back automatically. It just stays where it is. It does however (most of the time) remember my setting to my key - and my wifes setting to hers. We never adjust the seat anymore (either manually or using a memory button) when swapping.

One thing I have noticed is that when you alter your seat and use the memory button to save it, or when you use the memory button to retrieve it, the key setting is *not* overwritten. It only remembers manual changes to your key.

I have to ask though why you need to move the seat to get out of the car (and am not trying to be funny here - it's something you should think about). If you are that tight in the car then I would suggest experimenting with different settings; being that squashed in is not healthy (aches and pains) and also makes you more likely to injure yourself in an accident - and more difficult to escape after an accident.
MavUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2008, 09:05   #3
madday

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I think I can seat comfortably, the saet is not to close to the dashboard but anyway i is not so easy to get off the car, so it is nice if the seat goes back automaticly (it happens from time to time and I can't find the pattern).
Maybe it is something concerns keyless opening and closing the car, which I normally use?

Regards
madday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2008, 12:39   #4
HeliFella

Default Correct posture

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavUK View Post
My MY05 V50 doesn't go back automatically. It just stays where it is. It does however (most of the time) remember my setting to my key - and my wifes setting to hers. We never adjust the seat anymore (either manually or using a memory button) when swapping.

One thing I have noticed is that when you alter your seat and use the memory button to save it, or when you use the memory button to retrieve it, the key setting is *not* overwritten. It only remembers manual changes to your key.

I have to ask though why you need to move the seat to get out of the car (and am not trying to be funny here - it's something you should think about). If you are that tight in the car then I would suggest experimenting with different settings; being that squashed in is not healthy (aches and pains) and also makes you more likely to injure yourself in an accident - and more difficult to escape after an accident.
When I took my training for Advanced driving. I was advised to position myself in the car correctly, by means of seat & wheel positioning.

Slide seat forward/backward so your knee is only very slightly bent from being straight, not stretching whilst pressing clutch down fully.

Then tilt the back of the seat so that the heel of your hand rests on the top of the wheel when your shoulders are back against the seat.
To get this position correct will require adjustment of seat & wheel. Bearing in mind you should have at least 30cm between your body and wheel to allow the airbag to deploy correctly without crushing your ribcage!

By adjusting my seat I don't suffer from any discomfort and have better control, as I used to be laid back too far and sat with the seat on its lowest height setting.

I cringe when I see people (mainly ladies as they tend to be shorter) squeezed up against the steering wheel. On a few occassions I have mentioned this issue and they adjust accordingly with a reply of "Oh heck I didn't think about what would happen if the bag went off!!"

HeliFella (Member of I.A.M.)
*2009 V50 D5 R-Design Sport*
...At Last... Definately worth the wait!
HeliFella is offline   Reply With Quote