Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Stopping lights coming on in daytime

Views : 836

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 17th, 2005, 23:57   #1
sunking101

Default Stopping lights coming on in daytime

Hi, I've been looking through the threads and it seems I need to remove a yellow wire from my light switch. This will then stop my sidelights coming on all the time. My question is, how do I get to this wire? I had a look at the light switch and it doesn't seem to want to pull off so I guess the dash needs to be removed? I have a 1992 940 by the way. Thanks.
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 20:56   #2
TheJoyOfSix
N.F.I

Default RE: Stopping lights coming on in daytime

Fuse 25 if I recall correctly will do it.
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 23:42   #3
sunking101

Thanks, I'll give it a go! Do you know also how to stop the seat belt warning?
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 23:03   #4
livinabox

My seat belt light got on my nerves and as the fastener packed up i got another from a scrap dealer and noticed the black wire going to it and hence needed to cut it through with wire cutters to remove it and thus the flashing light on the dash stopped.2 birds with one stone.
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 14:39   #5
sunking101

When you clip in your seat belt, doesn't that'complete' the circuit though? I'm worried that if I snip any wires on the fastener, the flashing light will be going off all the time.
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 20:01   #6
sunking101

Just had a look and fuse 25 is missing, does that mean I need to put one in for the daytime sidelights to go off?
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 00:35   #7
Peter Milnes
Premier Member

Your sidelights come on because your dipped beams come on (with reduced intensity due to a resistor being placed in series with them). The car is designed this way so that you can always be seen even in reduced daytime visibility. It is recommended that you do not interfere with the car's wiring or turn them off as your insurance company may take a "dim view" (pun intended) of your reducing the safety aspect of the car. Contrary to popular belief it does not have a detrimental effect on bulb life. Please do not do anything that will reduce your safety whilst driving the car as I cannot afford to go to your funeral.

All the best, Peter.
Peter Milnes is offline   Reply With Quote