Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

door mirrors

Views : 590

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 19th, 2008, 11:30   #1
volvoz2000
Premier Member

Default door mirrors

Hi Guys,

Both heated door mirrors on my 52 v70 are showing open circuit (fubared), so i am looking for a new pair. Seen that neo brothers have them on ebay for about £25 quid each, does anyone know if they are genuine or any good? Or can somebody suggest whether genuine ones are the only ones to get and how much to pay????? I am trying to see if eurocarparts do them but the website is knackered again

thanks

Dave
volvoz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 13:43   #2
AlanA
Alan

I tried some replacement heated lenses from a reputable supplier on E Bay. These were aftermarket, boxed items sold as a direct replacement.The quality was really dismal. The lens itself had a very soft poorly focused image. The heating element was stuck to a black mastic on the rear of the mirror and to me didn't seem to work as well as the Volvo originals. The overall quality was abysmal and my suspicion was that the lenses would not last long, nor did they fit as well or as easily as original lenses.

The lenses were about £25 each compared with about £50 each for the Volvo originals. I suppose you pays your money etc!

I personally would only fit Volvo originals again.
Hope this helps.

Alan.
AlanA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 14:07   #3
volvoz2000
Premier Member

thanks for that, much appreciated. If anybody else has bought other ones they are happy with i would appreciate it if they could post here. I know theres also a guy on here that supplies dicounted volvo stuff, please could somebody throw me his details?
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 14:11   #4
GMcL
0's and 1's

Rufe will probably be along soon to give you an idea how much he can supply them for. I looked at PartsforVolvos and they were quoting £25.

I'm keeping an eye on this as my passenger side mirror had stopped heating during a recent cold blast.
The car was serviced last week and I asked them to have a look at the mirror. They cleaned up the contacts (said they were oxidised) and to give that a go.
I have not tested yet as the weather has not been cold enough. I was advised would need a new glass if it wasn't working during the next cold spell.

Previous: 2005 Volvo S60 D5 Sport - 2017 Focus RS
GMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 14:51   #5
volvoz2000
Premier Member

Thanks again, i also looked at partsforvolvos but came to the conclusion that these could also be pattern scantech things and possibly not worth a fiver
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 19:46   #6
JMCA-S60
JMCA

I have the 'Parts for Volvo' mirror glass on my 2003 S60, and have not noticed any difference in quality to the Volvo originals. I am mpre than happy with them!
JMCA-S60 is offline   Reply With Quote