Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

400 Series General Forum for the Volvo 440, 460 and 480 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Testing the water, N Ireland folks especially

Views : 942

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 00:19   #11
DarrenK
Jävla Volvo Förare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60D5NI View Post
Luckly I haven't had a 'failure' in years - hope that doesn't put the scud on me as taking the wife's mini cabriolet to Larne next week for its 1st MOT!!
Sorry, a bit off topic, but you didn't happen to attend the CCMC Mini show this weekend past?

Anyway, back to 480s! Paul has more or less summed it all up.

That one you linked to on eBay is in a poor state. I went to view another car the seller was selling and he showed me this when he found out I was a Volvo guy. Rear arches are shot, interior is mouldy, cosmetics fairly poor condition. Given the price of 480s he'd have trouble giving it away for free in my opinion (although the rear lenses are nice and shiny); and he told me he wouldn't take any less than £200 and wouldn't break for parts.

Best bet is to go to the mainland. They rarely come up for sale here, although I have seen a couple in the last year or two. I'll keep my eyes peeled. I sold mine to a workmate after buying the 850, although his son wants it when he's finished with it!
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 07:29   #12
NI_Volvo_Nut
Volvologist

@S60D Cheers man, i've lost interest in the job completly, everybody says what a great job it is, the trainers tell you how much responcability you have, and the wages department continually rape you every month, they got afew to apply for the p/t posts, but not as many as they need, so now they are advertising ft posts again, their logic is beyond me. Looking to email CAB if i can, and find out legally how they can do this.

@ DarrenK lad i didnt waste my time going to look at it now. I kinda fancy one of these, but i think 3 Volvos atm is pushing my luck as it is, the woman is cracking up lol Cant even decide to sell one, the s70 is my weekend treat, the 740 is my baby which i'll probably never part with and the 940 is too easy run lol Never got to the mini show this year, was at it last year, was a great show, mate of mine would have been down, he's a mini nut, probably ad a pick-up, and green one with a v-tec, and probably a black one with a hyabusa(sp) in it
NI_Volvo_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 09:26   #13
S60D5NI

Default Darren

No - I wasn't at the mini meet either!
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 09:57   #14
ovlov25
Premier Member

+ 1 on what Darren said. If you are after anything slightly unusual then the mainland is the place to go. Anything with a slight cult following is more plentiful and cheaper over there!
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 10:05   #15
NI_Volvo_Nut
Volvologist

Aw, i'm anything for a quick quid me lol, was only going to buy it to move on, but sounds like hassle tbh
NI_Volvo_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote