Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wheel nuts

Views : 559

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 24th, 2008, 20:59   #1
A Sherratt
Will I ever finish!!!

Default Wheel nuts

Hi. Looking to change the wheels on my '68 P1800 to alloys soon. Do I need to use different wheel nuts or can I use the ones I have on my steel wheels??

If I do need to change nuts what do I need and where do I get 'em from.

Thanks

Adrian
A Sherratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 21:12   #2
Fivehundred

We can't answer that question as it's wheel specific, not car specific. A lot of the perios alloys like the Cosmics and the Minilites used wheel nuts unique to that wheel. So there is a strong possibility you need new nuts.
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 21:18   #3
ovlov25
Premier Member

It will depend on how the wheel has been cast and drilled, careful, you can get tapered seat and radius seat nuts ok. Some of the odd ball flat seats are a little more tricky
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 09:26   #4
Gordon Hunter
Ex 1800 Register Keeper

Hi Adrian,

It seems to me that the makers of all the 'Minilite' style variations do supply non standard nuts for their rims, so if you are buying second hand then check that the nuts are included as in the case of 'GB' Minilites they are no longer manufactured. You may find that other manufactureres nuts are interchangeable, but I can't confirm this for sure. Also check that the centre caps are included.

In the case of bolt on splines like the ones supplied by Motor Wheel Services, the standard 1800 ones will fit. However, you are supposed to cut back the studs to avoid fitting issues.

I had an 1800 in recently that had 14" rims with a fake wire wheel hub cap covering it. It used the standard nuts too. But as its alloys you mention, then I guess it's the Minilites your after.

All the best,

Gordon
Gordon Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote