Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo BT Phone P2v2 - Phone Module (PHM) Bluetooth update

Views : 87114

Replies : 411

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 21st, 2020, 17:19   #271
marekbm

still something.

v2020-01-21_1
Old Jan 23rd, 2020, 10:19   #272
JFrisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekbm View Post
still something.

v2020-01-21_1
I can't get this version to work with my iPhone and my Facelift PHM (Wavecom Q2406A-C). It did not work with the v2020-01-16_2 version either.

When I receive a phone call, and push the answer button, my iPhone picks up the call, but the PHM still keeps on ringing. If I push the hang up button nothing happends, but I can pick up my iPhone and continue the call. To stop the PHM from ringing, I have to push the power button on the PHM, but the PHM will start up and continue ring after some seconds again. I have to push the power button several times to get it to turn off and keep it off.

I'm now back on v2019-12-19_1.
JFrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2020, 13:33   #273
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrisk View Post
I can't get this version to work with my iPhone and my Facelift PHM (Wavecom Q2406A-C). It did not work with the v2020-01-16_2 version either.

When I receive a phone call, and push the answer button, my iPhone picks up the call, but the PHM still keeps on ringing. If I push the hang up button nothing happends, but I can pick up my iPhone and continue the call. To stop the PHM from ringing, I have to push the power button on the PHM, but the PHM will start up and continue ring after some seconds again. I have to push the power button several times to get it to turn off and keep it off.

how you pick up the call? on the cellphone or on the PHM?
nothing changed for pre-facelift models but there is a change for facelift models.
if you answer the call on the cellphone (from some reason) then the call is forwarded to cellphone and PHM waits for your answer (presenting as an incoming call) if connect to PHM or not.
before it was a little bit bended. i have abused a small bug on facelift PHM for dirrect connection. now the software is becoming partly general also for P3 PHM and this bug is already fixed there. so i have decided to use same style for all.

but it looks that you press the answer on PHM (or steering wheel) and it happends after that. if yes the this is strange. it is also strange that nothing happends if you press the hang on button. it should stops ringing (maybe it starts after the call is connected again, after the second side answers). in this case it require another answer.

the unlucky is that even if i prepare some testing version then it is not possible to readout the log using iphone.
are you able to do this as a test:
turn ignition on, receive the call (try to receive the call), disconnect the device (use disconnect in bluetooth settings not by turning bluetooth off), and readout the log (probably with the same device you use for update)?
if yes then send me an email on marekbm.volvo <at> gmail.com . i will send you an debug firmware and instructions .
thanks.
Old Jan 23rd, 2020, 14:08   #274
JFrisk

Quote:
how you pick up the call? on the cellphone or on the PHM?
nothing changed for pre-facelift models but there is a change for facelift models.
if you answer the call on the cellphone (from some reason) then the call is forwarded to cellphone and PHM waits for your answer (presenting as an incoming call) if connect to PHM or not.
before it was a little bit bended. i have abused a small bug on facelift PHM for dirrect connection. now the software is becoming partly general also for P3 PHM and this bug is already fixed there. so i have decided to use same style for all.

but it looks that you press the answer on PHM (or steering wheel) and it happends after that. if yes the this is strange. it is also strange that nothing happends if you press the hang on button. it should stops ringing (maybe it starts after the call is connected again, after the second side answers). in this case it require another answer.

the unlucky is that even if i prepare some testing version then it is not possible to readout the log using iphone.
are you able to do this as a test:
turn ignition on, receive the call (try to receive the call), disconnect the device (use disconnect in bluetooth settings not by turning bluetooth off), and readout the log (probably with the same device you use for update)?
if yes then send me an email on marekbm.volvo <at> gmail.com . i will send you an debug firmware and instructions .
thanks.
I always pick up the call by pressing the answer button on steering wheel.
The iPhone then pick up the call on the phone, but as mentioned the PHM still rings. Pressing the hang up button on steering wheel or the PHM then don't work. The iPhone still have the call answered and is online with the call.

And if I remember it right, when I press the power button on PHM first time, the normal beep when you press the button to turn it off don't sound. But the power indicator turns off, but lights up again. And then after some seconds the PHM starts ringing again. If I press power button again (no beep), and after that when the power indicator lights up again, I tress the button once more, the beep sounds, and the PHM finaly turns off. And then I can carry on with my call with my iPhone as normal.

Unfortunately I don't have time to do a new test before Saturday, but I will do it then, and send you the result.
Old Jan 25th, 2020, 10:53   #275
marekbm

Quote:

i have found the issue. it happens probably on ios 12.2+. the only available iphone which i have is 5s so i have updated it to 12.4. and it happends also.
apple has changed the communication via bluetooth (for the worse). so now it look that after i answer the call then the user decide to switch the call into cellphone and after a while switch back.

but if i test it then it works as follow:
after i answer the call the rigns appears again.
- if i answer again then it stops ringing and it works properly as it should be. voice goes via the car speakers.
- if i hang up then the voice stays in cellphone, the call continues

if you have a newer ios and it not works like as i have describeb then apple probably has made another "updates" for the worse. in this case i need your log to find it and bend the firmware.
Old Jan 25th, 2020, 13:54   #276
marekbm

changed to be able to receive the call on iphone.

v2020-01-25_1
Old Jan 25th, 2020, 20:26   #277
marekbm

one more release today. if you look on d5t5 eshop now then you can see that also version with aptX support is available now. aptX requires the license so the bluetooth modem used on the board is more expensive. so it also affects final price.

so this version allow you to see if the aptX is available. it is part of bluetooth modem version:
- without aptX: vw6.0.0, vw6.1.0, ...
- with aptX: vw6.3.0_aptX, ...

i have also created a stupid issue in the previous version so if you dial "***" then nothing is disconnected.

v2020-01-25_2
Old Jan 26th, 2020, 13:30   #278
JFrisk

Quote:
one more release today. if you look on d5t5 eshop now then you can see that also version with aptX support is available now. aptX requires the license so the bluetooth modem used on the board is more expensive. so it also affects final price.

so this version allow you to see if the aptX is available. it is part of bluetooth modem version:
- without aptX: vw6.0.0, vw6.1.0, ...
- with aptX: vw6.3.0_aptX, ...

i have also created a stupid issue in the previous version so if you dial "***" then nothing is disconnected.

v2020-01-25_2
Sorry Marek, still problem with facelift Volvo and iPhone (iOS 12.4.4)!

The PHM restarts in an infinite loop if a BT-device is connected, so I can't even read out the error log. After a lot of tries, I was able to get one error logg out from it, but it was only a single line "at+cpbs?", and I'm not sure what state the PHM was in when I read it out. I think I just vere lucky to send the command in just the right time.

It was no problem to put it in update mode and downgrade it again. I only had to turn off all BT-signals that was paired with it first.

Can I keep the latest bootloader with the v2019-09-05? (It looks like it works.)

And a question about the aptX:
I have vw6.2.0, I'll guess that it not have the aptX option then.
But is it only a license upgrade, or is it also a hardvare change if i want the aptX option?
Old Jan 26th, 2020, 18:33   #279
marekbm

Quote:
Sorry Marek, still problem with facelift Volvo and iPhone (iOS 12.4.4)!

The PHM restarts in an infinite loop if a BT-device is connected, so I can't even read out the error log. After a lot of tries, I was able to get one error logg out from it, but it was only a single line "at+cpbs?", and I'm not sure what state the PHM was in when I read it out. I think I just vere lucky to send the command in just the right time.

It was no problem to put it in update mode and downgrade it again. I only had to turn off all BT-signals that was paired with it first.

Can I keep the latest bootloader with the v2019-09-05? (It looks like it works.)

And a question about the aptX:
I have vw6.2.0, I'll guess that it not have the aptX option then.
But is it only a license upgrade, or is it also a hardvare change if i want the aptX option?
this is strange. i have p2 2002 so the PHM have had a different GSM modem inside but i did some test with latest firmware and everything works fine (connection, contacts, outgoing calls, incoming calls). even if i use iphone.

regarding logs:
the final firmware releases have disabled detailed log so you can see only errors with modem communication. this is also strange because the instruction which you sent is correct so only the reason why it is on log is that there really happends something what should not be. it looks that bluetooth modem reboots from some reason. i have a fuse to reboot all if something like this happends. do you have enabled multiple connections? it is not stable if one of the device is iphone. and it can cause these reboots.
as i have written before. send me an email and i will send you a debug firmware so we can find what happends. but if it reboots then it will be quite a problem.

regarding bootloader:
it is all right to have newer bootloader than firmware.

regarding aptX:
the license has to be a part of bluetooth modem (wt32i). so it is not possible to just enable it. if you want aptX then you have to buy a wt32i with preinstalled aptX license. silabs does not support to buy the license separatelly.
Old Jan 26th, 2020, 20:53   #280
marekbm

i do not have P2 facelift so i have also tested it on my s80 (p3), it uses same GSM modem like P2 facelift. but it also works fine, i did not find any issue with latest release.

Tags
bluetooth handsfree radio