Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Auto Map update

Views : 621

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 18th, 2018, 20:20   #1
1970jon

Default Auto Map update

I have Sensus set to auto map updates and on Monday it informed me that map 1200 was available.

I duly downloaded it and as on all previous auto map updates after it has downloaded it gives the message to leave car with engine off to finalise installation. Well it has been trying to do this for 5 days now and is constantly cycling this message and never actually fully installing.

Any ideas...dealer is clueless (as usual).

Also still have issue with preconditioning not now turning on the heated seats via VOC. (this was working fine until I had Sensus software update carried out when car was serviced in Dec)

Xc90 T8 March 17 (18000miles) everything was working perfectly before the first service and update.
1970jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 20:52   #2
Lexman8
Premier Member

I guess you must have locked and unlocked the car a few times over the 5 days? It's closing down the car's systems (some of which can take 20 mins or so) by locking the car that actually resets the navigation, etc.

Your other alternative is to download the update onto a USB stick and see if that is more successful.

The nav issue together with the heated seats not coming on could point to a software glitch which might get fixed by a hard reset. You can do this yourself if you're feeling brave or just leave it to the dealer.
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 21:17   #3
gaby
Premier Member

Perhaps it also takes some courage to leave it to the dealer...
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 21:34   #4
1970jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
I guess you must have locked and unlocked the car a few times over the 5 days? It's closing down the car's systems (some of which can take 20 mins or so) by locking the car that actually resets the navigation, etc.

Your other alternative is to download the update onto a USB stick and see if that is more successful.

The nav issue together with the heated seats not coming on could point to a software glitch which might get fixed by a hard reset. You can do this yourself if you're feeling brave or just leave it to the dealer.

Thanks Lexman,Gaby

Yes locked unlocked etc...and no prev issues with OTA Auto map updates. So as you say must be software glitch somewhere....What do you mean by hard reset....my dealer is pretty crap to be honest so I can diy fix if feeling brave!
1970jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 10:20   #5
Lexman8
Premier Member

If you have a D5 or T6 (uncertain about a T8, see below) and you're feeling brave you can force a reboot of the car by disconnecting the battery in the boot for ~5 mins.

The battery is located behind the left side trim panel in the boot and you'll need a 10mm spanner. Ensure that the ignition is switched off and the key is away from the car. You must disconnect the negative terminal first and move it away from the battery terminal. Some have reported that this is sufficient to cause the reboot after a few mins of disconnection whilst others have said you must also remove the positive connection (perhaps this is for the T8 which also has a feed from the drive battery?). The battery connector can be easily broken by applying too much force to the wrong part of it so needs to be done carefully. Do not allow the spanner to touch the car body whilst in contact with the battery terminal. Reconnect in reverse order; i.e. negative terminal last. Give the car a couple of minutes to settle down before starting.

Personally, I'd only attempt this if really necessary otherwise wait and see if it corrects itself or take it to a dealer. There's always the chance that rebooting the whole car like this will cause an issue with some other system although I don't recall anyone reporting any other issues after doing their own reboot.