Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Any parking sensors expert?

Views : 270

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 25th, 2019, 22:03   #1
colnet

Default Any parking sensors expert?

Hello experts, help needed I'm at a loss, 98 c70 fhc
When I put said car in reverse I just get a constant beep, have checked sensors and all four are clicking which I think means sensors are good but I'm happy to be advised on that one. Anyone out there advise where else to check, clean etc. I do know how to turn the bloody things off but thought it might be nice to try and mend them.
Also (sorry about this) anyone know where I can find a detailed account on how to remove the rear bumper.
Thanks in advance.
colnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2019, 02:33   #2
Stumo

See ‘reverse beepers’ post in the thread list a few down from this post, might help in the short term
Old Jul 26th, 2019, 15:01   #3
ITSv40
VOC Member

Removing the rear bumper is quite straightforward.

Jack up car and remove both rear wheels. Remove the three screws that attach the bumper to the wheelarch on both sides. The two plastic trim pieces that fit between the lights and bumper need to be undone - these are held on with two 10mm nuts under the lightclusters, accessed from inside the car. I found it esier to remove the lights first and then you have good working room Then lay under the rear bumper and on the end of the chassis legs there are two vertical bolts - 14mm heads. Undo these, the nearside will need the exhaust tip removing or the exhaust dropping on the hangers to get access to the bolt. The bumper is now ready to slide back about 6 inches or so.

Having got a working space between the bumper and body, undo the parking sensor loom from the control box - this is by the nearside light cluster - and feed the loom out of the car via the rubber grommit. If your car has a booster aerial, it is located within the bumper on the offside and needs the aerial wire unplugging from the control box - inside the boot by the offside light. Once the parking sensor loom and aerial wire are free from the body the bumper can be withdrawn from the car.

The attachment shows what you will end up with once the bumper is off. The big round hole under the light cluster aperture is where the parking sensor loom comes through the body. The other side is the same for the aerial wire.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20171223_001.jpg (149.7 KB, 13 views)
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2019, 16:23   #4
colnet

Thanks ITSv40 much appreciated.
colnet is offline   Reply With Quote