Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rearmost Floor Mats with Winter Pack

Views : 1777

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 24th, 2010, 12:55   #11
Warbur555

Quick update.

Spoke to the dealer who stands by the fact they're not standard as part of the winter pack. Told them my reasons for not accepting this but the sales manager is prepared to either give me a set of used mats, but they're a different colour to my interior, or let me have a massive 10% discount of a new set retailing at £35.

Obviously told them I'm not happy and have asked the sales manager to call me (not sure how he'll do that though as they didn't ask for my number!) I was told, however, that I could call Volvo customer services to take it up with them! We are only talking about a couple of mats that must cost them, what, £20 if that.

Still, I spoke to customer services, they are surprised by the referral to them, but they're prepared to suggest a 50/50 split on the cost between me and the dealer. Trouble is it's a matter of principle now.

I have pointed out that the brochure is clearly at fault and why should I have to pay for them. I have, after all, just spent well over £20K on the car.
Warbur555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 13:44   #12
reggie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbur555 View Post
Quick update.

Spoke to the dealer who stands by the fact they're not standard as part of the winter pack. Told them my reasons for not accepting this but the sales manager is prepared to either give me a set of used mats, but they're a different colour to my interior, or let me have a massive 10% discount of a new set retailing at £35.

I shut up and paid up.. but I paid £26... no discount. So your dealer is trying to charge you £35 minus 10% or £3.5 = £31.5 or £6.5 over list.
reggie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 13:45   #13
reggie59

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie59 View Post
I shut up and paid up.. but I paid £26... no discount. So your dealer is trying to charge you £35 minus 10% or £3.5 = £31.5 or £6.5 over list.
and sorry. not trying to wind you up
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 14:02   #14
Warbur555

Don't worry about that.

To be honest it's their attitude to it that's wound me up and had they responded with a "very sorry but......" then I'd have had a grumble but then pay up. It's been their initial attitude and advising me to refer to Customer Services, over a very minor and easily resolved issue, that's done it.

I'll come to a deal with them when they call me, I just hope I can prevent another forum member from having the same issue.
Warbur555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 14:14   #15
lordlichfield

In my experience customer service departments of car manufacturers are not much use other than to send out brochures.

The problem is that all these dealers are individual businesses that use the Volvo/Audi/BMW* name. So all that happens is that they refer you back to the business.

You're far better off trying to develop a good relationship with the dealer than you are contacting the manufacturer.

I just wish the dealers themselves looked further than the end of their nose and thought about how much future business they could get by looking after the customer properly.

*except Park Lane BMW who are owned by BMW.
lordlichfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 14:14   #16
XCF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie59 View Post
Was that for carpet mats for the 3rd row ? - my dealer told me they didn't do a carpet mat, so I went with rubber mats but they were expensive ( around £90 for two sets ( front and 2nd row came as one set at around £45-50 , and 3rd row set was the delta - so £45 or £40.).

Front two rows are good though - fit very well and needed with all the snow we've had..
XCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 14:52   #17
reggie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbur555 View Post
Don't worry about that.

To be honest it's their attitude to it that's wound me up and had they responded with a "very sorry but......" then I'd have had a grumble but then pay up. It's been their initial attitude and advising me to refer to Customer Services, over a very minor and easily resolved issue, that's done it.

I'll come to a deal with them when they call me, I just hope I can prevent another forum member from having the same issue.
I know. It is a bit daft. They give good discount and save try to save £26 (oups sorry £31.5 ;-) afterward. I agree third row should have mats. I got the family pack on mine which includes tinted windows... With this kind of logic, they could also have delivered the car with clear windows for the third row...
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 14:54   #18
reggie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknick View Post
Was that for carpet mats for the 3rd row ? - my dealer told me they didn't do a carpet mat, so I went with rubber mats but they were expensive ( around £90 for two sets ( front and 2nd row came as one set at around £45-50 , and 3rd row set was the delta - so £45 or £40.).

Front two rows are good though - fit very well and needed with all the snow we've had..
I have the winter pack which come with (luxury!) mats for first and second row. They sent me a third row one matching those. It is one piece, very neat.

BTW, do they do a rubber mat for the boot (but for seven seat config?)

Thanks
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 19:17   #19
bircham

I bought a full set off ebay for £22.00. I have the new set over the Volvo ones front and rear, and then the new set 3rd row mat where Volvo didn't supply them with the winter pack. I would never pay Volvo more for a single mat than I got the full set for. I thought at the time it was total rip-off by Volvo!

Jon
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 19:22   #20
Brodick
Master Member

seems odd. 4 mats supplied for the XC60
Brodick is offline   Reply With Quote