Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Parking Climate error

Views : 2932

Replies : 36

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 7th, 2019, 12:07   #21
rp83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaty View Post
I have a D4 without Aux Heater and have exactly the same options in the Sensus display.

My understanding is that you can still use this feature to 'cool' the car if the outside temperature is hot, the ventilation system does this by blowing in air from outside the car... However, without the Aux Heater it will not 'heat' the car.

When the car is covered in frost I pre-heat the car for 5 - 10 minutes by using remote start. In Sensus you can set things like the heated rear screen, heated seats, etc., to come on with 'start'.

Thanks mate. Do you get the same error of "Parking Climate Temporarily Unavailable" when you try to turn on (timer or otherwise)?
rp83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2019, 12:20   #22
uro1

Preconditioning without aux-heater makes sense in the summer. The car will blow air over the vents from outside into the car. In effect the car ist just toasty and not insufferable.
Old Nov 7th, 2019, 12:45   #23
Whaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp83 View Post
Thanks mate. Do you get the same error of "Parking Climate Temporarily Unavailable" when you try to turn on (timer or otherwise)?
Yes....
Old Nov 7th, 2019, 12:50   #24
rp83

nail in the coffin and all that :-) Cheers...
Old Nov 7th, 2019, 13:11   #25
Whaty

Still worth checking with the dealer, especially as you have already got it booked in. Like I say, I haven't got an Aux-Heater and therefore I don't know what message you get if it doesn't work (if it's faulty)?

Does no harm to check...

All the best,
Terry
Old Nov 7th, 2019, 13:20   #26
Deman77
Master Member

I have one. There is also an option in the Sensus settings to use secondary heater to boost car heating. I imagine the cars without would not have that option.
Old Nov 8th, 2019, 09:53   #27
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaty View Post
My understanding is that you can still use this feature to 'cool' the car if the outside temperature is hot, the ventilation system does this by blowing in air from outside the car... However, without the Aux Heater it will not 'heat' the car.
^^ Correct.

Also, I don't think the aux heater was ever offered as an option with the D4?

In fact, I'm not sure if it's even available now (apart from the T8 where it's standard) which is a shame as it's probably my favourite gizmo on the car.
Old Nov 8th, 2019, 10:19   #28
rp83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
^^ Correct.

Also, I don't think the aux heater was ever offered as an option with the D4?

In fact, I'm not sure if it's even available now (apart from the T8 where it's standard) which is a shame as it's probably my favourite gizmo on the car.
Thanks guys, much appreciated. I am taking it to Slough garage on Wednesday just to confirm I deffo not have the pre conditioning in the car. It kind of defeats the purpose of having all the options on Sensus (I can understand VOC app being generic) if it actually isnt available in the car!

I tried simple remote start and I think that is a solid alternative! I tumbled across Keep Climate Comfort option, which I think is meant to be is someone is sat in the car while other runs out. I tried this and it made some noise which told me it came on but as I walked away with the key, it appeared to have turned off. I wonder it is also Aux Heater dependent?
Old Nov 8th, 2019, 10:48   #29
Whaty

Taken from the user manual:

The climate in the car's passenger compartment can be maintained while the car is parked, e.g. if the engine needs to be switched off but the driver or passenger(s) wants to remain in the car and maintain the level of climate comfort.

Starting climate comfort retention is only possible via direct start.

The function utilises several systems in different cases:
• Residual heat from the engine, in a cold climate, heats the passenger compartment to comfort temperature.
• When it is warm, the ventilation cools the passenger compartment by blowing in air from outside the car.

Climate comfort retention is switched off when the car is locked from the outside to avoid using residual heat unnecessarily. Use of the function is intended to maintain climate comfort when driver or passengers remain inside the car.
Old Nov 8th, 2019, 11:36   #30
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp83 View Post
I wonder it is also Aux Heater dependent?
Nope, Parking Climate is not aux heater dependent. It probably stopped because you removed the key or locked the car.

Iirc, PC will run for a max of 20 mins or until it has used up all the residual heat or until the battery charge falls below a certain level.

Tags
parking climate, voc, xc90