Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Vida/Vdash

Views : 604

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 29th, 2023, 18:34   #1
Jeffyjd87

Default Vida/Vdash

Evening all,

I know this will be a common topic but I want to be able to get it clear in my head.

I have the dreaded Sensus Connect Touch in my 2014 xc60. I'm thinking of replacing the headunit with a satnav headunit since even Volvo can't work out how to get it updated or how to update/activate the nav in the Connect Touch. I also want to fit a towbar and would rather use a Volvo compatible wiring kit, rather than a generic one. Which out of Vida and Vdash would be able to code a satnav headunit it, and code the towbar wiring? Would they both do it? How much do you think I would be looking at including the dice cable or similar?

Thank you

Jeff
Jeffyjd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2023, 20:14   #2
b1mcp

Vida cannot do programming. Well the real one can (at dealers and Indy garages) but the clone you are talking about can't.

Not familiar with Vdash but I'd be astounded if it can do what you require. Those updates will need a software download directly from Volvo.
Old Nov 29th, 2023, 20:32   #3
innocent2k

Not sure what you can do with the towbar, but the IHU you can just install as long as you disable ITP. You can do this in both Vdash and something called p3tool. With ITP disabled, you can have units on the MOST network that is not matched to your car. ITP off is even something Volvo can do for you, it's a small "software update" that they don't charge much for.

Do your car already have a satnav-antenna, though? if not, you will have to get that installed too and this also needs software, possibly easiest done at Volvo.
innocent2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2023, 20:46   #4
Jeffyjd87

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocent2k View Post
Not sure what you can do with the towbar, but the IHU you can just install as long as you disable ITP. You can do this in both Vdash and something called p3tool. With ITP disabled, you can have units on the MOST network that is not matched to your car. ITP off is even something Volvo can do for you, it's a small "software update" that they don't charge much for.

Do your car already have a satnav-antenna, though? if not, you will have to get that installed too and this also needs software, possibly easiest done at Volvo.
I believe it does because Satnav is an option on the sensus system. But when I try and use it it says there is a network error. I just thought it would be easier to get rid of the Connected Touch and have the normal nav system. Otherwise I was looking at the Android Auto kits but there doesn't appear to be one that would work with the Connected Touch system.
Old Dec 3rd, 2023, 00:24   #5
Darthstinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffyjd87 View Post
Evening all,

I know this will be a common topic but I want to be able to get it clear in my head.

I have the dreaded Sensus Connect Touch in my 2014 xc60. I'm thinking of replacing the headunit with a satnav headunit since even Volvo can't work out how to get it updated or how to update/activate the nav in the Connect Touch. I also want to fit a towbar and would rather use a Volvo compatible wiring kit, rather than a generic one. Which out of Vida and Vdash would be able to code a satnav headunit it, and code the towbar wiring? Would they both do it? How much do you think I would be looking at including the dice cable or similar?

Thank you

Jeff
VDASH can program some options I reprogrammed my injectors with it (home user version of VIda cannot).

I’d suggest posting in the VDASH support - they are helpful but it takes a day or so to get a response sometimes…

DS
Darthstinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2023, 09:25   #6
Jeffyjd87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthstinky View Post
VDASH can program some options I reprogrammed my injectors with it (home user version of VIda cannot).

I’d suggest posting in the VDASH support - they are helpful but it takes a day or so to get a response sometimes…

DS
Thank you. Will do