Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Error codes and other issues

Views : 885

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 23rd, 2018, 21:24   #1
tiretith

Default Error codes and other issues

I have a Volvo V50 2005 model 1.6 diesel.

The other day i started hearing ticking sounds from what sounded like it was coming from the engine. First i checked the oil and the oil was at a minimum so i refilled. I have also checked with a stethoscope around the timing belt cover and the belt running the alternator, without being able to localize the ticking sound.

Here is a YouTube video of the engine so you can hear the sound:
https://youtu.be/MepXbZUO5jQ

I got three error codes from my obd II scanner:
- P0335
- P0341
- P138B

I have had a issue for quite some time that the outside temperature was showing a that it was like 5 or 10 Celsius degrees colder than the actual outside temperature. last time i was driving the car started showing the outside temperature rising rapidly from -3 Celsius to 30 + Celsius. what happend then was that the car started cooling down the the compartment.

Hope someone can help me figure out whats wrong. I also want to know if it is safe to drive the car until i get it fixed. thanks in advance.
tiretith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2018, 22:05   #2
Tiptonjim

google will give you a good idea P0335 is a camshaft sensor?
Tiptonjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2018, 10:35   #3
tiretith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiptonjim View Post
google will give you a good idea P0335 is a camshaft sensor?
I know what the codes are, but i should have posted what they mean:

P0335 - Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction
P0341 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
P138B - Glow Plug Module System Voltage

About the P138B, i have no problems what so ever starting the car, could this be just a error message caused by another error?

The P0341, could the ticking sound i have be coming from a damaged reluctor wheel? and if so, should i be driving the car? on the youtube video i have posted you should be able to hear the sound.

Can the P0335 be related to the P0341?
Old Mar 25th, 2018, 18:14   #4
tiretith

I have eliminated the sound, when i took of the serpentine belt and started the engine the sound was gone.

I have checked all the wheels that the serpentine belt goes around. And i think its the crankshaft weel that is the problem.