Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

ideas solutions and comments please

Views : 865

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 10th, 2018, 20:05   #1
Anubisxc70
Master Member

Default ideas solutions and comments please

2004 XC 70 D5 awd.

Before the looong words, Thank you for all your interest.
Many Thanks

Hello, i have some issues, problems, curiosities questions that i would like to share with you all and i know there are lots of genius minds here. I will divide in engine,gearbox suspension and others. So please bare with me some i might only explain on my way of understanding what is going on, i know its hard to describes sounds or clunks but here we go....

Engine.

My XC has 203k. It doesn't smoke at all. I think i have a small leak on a injector. I did a smoke test and i had smoke only getting out of the oil housing, other than that ...nothing all pipes are ok, inter cooler ok. 50 miles ago i had my time belt and v belt done everything was changed with Volvo parts. All my engine mounts are new (Meyle and vacuum ones are by Volvo) and the vacuum pump is in perfect condition, done the test needle holds in place, full deflection on accel.

Now the problems and ..things.

My turbo whistles a lot specially on cold and the car is very noise on acceleration it sounds really loud. I have drove my uncles v70 and its VERY good no turbo sound and it goes like a rocket and even on hard accel is nothing like mine. Mine looks like it struggles. Now the fun part is....some days its noisy and struggles, others days as soon it get to temp its smood and quiet. it doesn't matter if its cold or hot weather rain or dry (when its wet i hear less suspension sounds).
When its on idle, with AC off, it idles like a regular diesel a bit loud but i guess thats normal, but every 2 or 3 min you hear eco it sounds like more loud, after 3 more min get silence again back to diesel car.

Other than that its pretty much ok, i change my oil every 8k, 5w40. oil filter. I bought her 6 months ago i changed the fuel filter 2 times, i changed the oil first 3 times 1000 miles apart because i wanted to clean the engine.

Gearbox.

My gearbox was with the oil really dark, it didn't smell burned but it was very dark. When i bought it it had the gearbox service required, and on auto went to limp mode. I started to change the gearbox oil (jws3309) with the sump method, and so far its not red, but like dark purple, i have changed around 24 liters but i guess its very dirty, but no more limp mode or any triangle on the dash. i guess slowly its getting much better, i was told, that i have to change it until it gets red. and because its improving, means that i might have luck and the oil changes will help. I went to the dealer and no updates are required she has them all.

Every time im on P its ok no vibration. If i go to R it vibrates inside the cabin like crazy (i dont have any poli torque mounts). If i put back to P there is only a small vibration, but if i go from R to N and then to P there is no vibration at all???!!!!! If i go from P to R or D to R there is a small clunk.
All my engine and torque mounts are new VOLVO brand.

Every time i stop i hear a owl an eco that goes down and stops, its sounds like the gearbox or engine, i know its hard to explain. its not brakes or bearings its from the engine compartment

Suspension

When i bought her i have replaced the disk and pads. Changed the pads for the hand brake to. I have changed my diff oil and angle\bevel to. Replaced the four drop links (Mayle HD) and the bolts for the ping, i guess thats the name, 1 month ago. Because is an XC i have that boat suspension but it works ok i guess she is ok for now.

Since i have replaced the front drop links, on the right side, every time i go reverse and start to move there is a clunk, then i can go on reverse all day and there is no more clunk, if i do to D then there is a clunk and you cvan drive all day on D no more clunk.....everything is well assembled and all bolts were torqued to specs???!!!!!!

Others

I am replacing my HU 803. Its a good radio, AMAZING sound system but......I want sd card blue tooth and nav and all the things. i have connected the radio and no lights on dash or anything like that. but................ The Hu 803 has only the green plug so no grey.....i bought the amp by pass (not arrived yet) but, the by pass has 4 ways (Front LR, Rear LR) my double din has only 2 audio inputs.....so what am i going to loose???? Do i have to make a cable from the radio direct to way out of amp so i can have all speakers? I am connecting a backup camera......am i going to loose the park assist beep? Steering wheel ? according to the radio its the orange and black i dont know where is that on the green plug on the car? the iso converter i bough its so different from the colors on the car, with that connector and antena converter all that seems to work, i have no sound but i can see, it has the menu for the steering wheel, but i guess no cable from the car harness.

i got this radio

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Double-...53.m2749.l2649

the converters
antena

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-S60...53.m2749.l2649

ISO converter

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XTRONS-IS...53.m2749.l2649

amp by pass

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-C70...53.m2749.l2649

Backup Cam

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Rear-...53.m2749.l2649

What you think...anything i need or change ?

2 months ago i bought Vida and the dice it helped a lot.

Codes detected with vida

CCM-0021....its been there for a wile
ECM-6805.....smoke test detected a leak on the oil housing it will be checked or replaced. No other leaks were detected.
ECM-9210...cruise works fine.....

Thank you for your understanding, i writing this in a way i see the problems, it might be confusing but its how i can explain
Many Thanks

Last edited by Anubisxc70; Apr 10th, 2018 at 20:14.
Anubisxc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2018, 09:46   #2
Missing Lincs
Premier Member

On the audio, if your new HU only has two outputs there will be signal for the rear speakers.

You could not use the Volvo amp and use the HU to drive the speakers directly. On the installs I've seen with separate amp there is a speaker lead from the amp back to where the HU sits to connect into the main wiring loom. If you have this you can simply unplug at the HU end and connect the speakers directly to the HU.
Missing Lincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2018, 13:29   #3
Anubisxc70
Master Member

I am sorry i guess i have explain myself wrong.

I want to replace my HU for the double din.
Old Apr 11th, 2018, 14:05   #4
Missing Lincs
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubisxc70 View Post
I am sorry i guess i have explain myself wrong.

I want to replace my HU for the double din.
I got that part and from the parts you've ordered you have a separate amp. The new HU (Head Unit) you've ordered only has two line outputs for two channels of the four channel Volvo amp.

More like me confusing the issue by calling your new radio an HU
Missing Lincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2018, 14:16   #5
Anubisxc70
Master Member

LOL sorry...lol
Old Apr 13th, 2018, 21:36   #6
Anubisxc70
Master Member

No ideas then....
Old Apr 22nd, 2018, 12:25   #7
Anubisxc70
Master Member

Radio is done.
I found the grey plug behind the factory radio. So all its working but the park assist and steering controls.Everybody say you need and interface but i have seen or read that can be done without it, i think through the OBD plug on pins 6 and 12, dont quote me on that because im still not sure.

Many Thanks
Old Apr 22nd, 2018, 14:36   #8
Stu B
Master Member

On the clunk into D and into R for the first time, have you changed the driveshaft to hub bolts? I recall from my P2 V70 something similar and replaced those bolts with the superseded part from the XC90 if I remember correctly, torqued them up and it sorted it.

Have a search on the forum as I found the info on here I'm sure.
Old Apr 22nd, 2018, 17:54   #9
Anubisxc70
Master Member

Hello Ty for the reply i did replace them with Mayle HD
Old May 15th, 2018, 22:21   #10
Anubisxc70
Master Member

anyone???