Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2000 Volvo C70 T5 Coupe manual, Facelifted

Views : 965

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 21st, 2019, 13:59   #1
Redskiies

Default 2000 Volvo C70 T5 Coupe manual, Facelifted

I am regretfully trying to get myself to sell my beauty and beast in one for the last couple of weeks.

She is a rolling project, so she is roadworthy, but some things needs to be done on her, as on every old car. The old lady never let me down, starts every time, battery doesn't drains in weeks.

She is mechanically sound, loves to boost, sounds like thunder and hurricane even with stock exhaust.

She has been dailied for 19years, so expect a few marks (and 2 dings, took me a month to find the 1st one and over a year to find the 2nd one, so they're less than minor, but pics included).

Funny enough, I thought I'll end up selling her because of the ULEZ extension, but now, I am driving through heavy traffic, so I need to convert myself into driving an automatic and where I live, I cannot keep 2 cars at the same time.

about the car:
2000 Volvo C70 T5 Manual, GS, 426-26 silver on black (the lesser? we'll see) model. There is no dated wood trim here.

Manual t5 coupes being quite rare (less than 80 left in the UK roads) and GS-es being even rarer (15ish left in total), 603 manual t5 coupes been sold around the world originally.

She has all optional extras except the 6cd changer (got yatour instead) and electric seats.
this includes but probably not limited to:
-Winter pack (heated seats, traction control)
-roof window
-dolby prologic/dynaudio speakers all around
-sc901 with all the bells and whistles
-bbs alloys all around
-cruise control
-trip computer

she has the following upgrades over the standard stuff:
-facelifted front and back! (i've bought and broken a convertible just to do so!)
-oem volvo strut brace on the front, painted black (i've got lucky on that one, I admit)
-cone air filter (original air filter box top comes with the car, she just pulls nicer with it, 2mins to swap it back if needed...)
-drilled and grooved brake discs and new pads last year
-adjustable coilovers (yeah, I had to choose, as the car came on knackered suspension)
-adjustable droplinks
-boot net (does this even qualify?)
-upgraded turbo to intercooler pipe (previous owner's son done it)
-yellow sticker throttle body @98k ish (so no problems there)
-timing belt was done at the same service @98kish
-Yatour bluetooth unit (half installed, I could install it properly in 20mins, but I get no phone calls, so didn't bother)

from these the only real big one is the coilovers, everything else is positive, and compelling, so I would pretty much deem her mostly unmolested.

I've done these fixings/services during my time with her:

@ 111.500~ish miles:
-oil change (just before MOT, that's why it reads slight oil leak, we didn't clean that one up properly, she hasn't used 1dl of oil in the last 1k miles.)
-pollen filter (exact same time)
-cone air filter (if it qualifies as new air filter)
-spark plugs
-coolant fill
-new MAF sensor
-adjustable coilovers (so expect some coilover noise, and knocks on speedbumps, but tbh, it helps a lot on the handling and the complaints about how the stock suspension car turns are completely gone)

@when I got to break the convertible:
-new passenger side window (the original was knocking on the way up)
-new front bumper (the old one was sundried)
-new subs in the 2 doors (the old ones were rusted away)
-new drivers side mirror glass (the old one was separated from the heater panel)

@whenever needed
-brand new brake position sensor (so cruise control works properly)
-5 brand new tyres (4 before MOT, 1 after when I had to...)
-3x new drivers side window switch (2 got eaten in a week, the 3rd one is working for over a year now)
-new headlight wipers

Last edited by Redskiies; Jul 21st, 2019 at 16:58.
Redskiies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 14:00   #2
Redskiies

The following things needs to be done to make her 100% back to life:
-Just noticed a couple of days back, that both of the woofers in the doors aren't working again...
-air con might need a regas, I prefer windows down driving, so I can hear the car, but I tried it once in the big heat, and it didn't do anything...
-she needs a new ball joint on the drivers side (a couple of months back I've hit a pothole @5mph (damn lewisham, also that's why we pay road tax?? and hence the 5th new tyre...) and got an ugly defect, the steering wheel jumped, and I tried to get the guys to do a wheel alignment on her, but they said first this needs to be done)
-the usual rust spot under the exhaust, it is not bad, but got caught on MOT
-refurb the wheels (deemed it the last step, as I am parking her on the road...)

Also a couple of weeks ago I had an unattended accident (read: someone scratched the car while I was at home relaxing on my dayoff... (pic included))
it'll mostly buff out, but the indicator needs a sanding/recoating, and the front bumper looks meh again)

A while back I was about to leave, and I've seen a kid wrestling with my headlight wiper, and his mom done nothing about it! (seriously wtf?) so I took them off, they're in the boot...

what I was planning to do with the car (but completely not necessary), if I would end up keeping her:
-put her on air ride (coilovers are nice on a/b roads, but doesn't suits the car)
-rebuild all 4 corners of the suspension (lower control arms, delta arms etc)

As you can see, she is a good car, with a few bits that needs attention, I have spent over £3k on her since I have her (and probably at least the same amount in petrol money)

she is not really economical in town, plus the coilovers make her a pain to drive over speedbumps (17mpg ish)
but on the motorway, and for long journeys she is lovely, and even the girlfriend approves her (a comfortable tank, that goes like a train? of course!) plus she is quite good on mpg if you let the cruise control take care of it (34mpg with a/b road mixed blasting and cruising over 400+miles)

now to business:

I am not expecting finished car money for her (waaay less instead), plus they're still not worth that much sadly, but mine has quite a few mods, that people are actually wanting for their car, but I don't want her to be broken.

I put the ad here first, as I really want someone to bring her back to life completely, and enjoy her at least during the weekends

the car is able to be viewed and test driven @catford, SE london, or anywhere in acceptable distance usually tues-wed-thurs anytime, but hit me up and we might be able to sort something out.

2keys, v5, 2 old fob shells included of course. 7keepers with me, previous 3 keepers were dad and son passing the car around between each other. service history up to 100k miles (2015) last serviced by me in 2018 sept.

So I would like to hear your best offers and questions, and if it is close to what I would want to hear, she is yours. Hit me up here, answer the thread, etc, hopefully I don't need to put her on ebay...

I am still looking for a car, and at the moment since I cannot park 2 here at the same time, it is kind of problematic, but if nothing else, the car will be moved to wembley until she's sold.

pics@ imgur link for mostly lossless pics
https://imgur.com/a/shbnr9p

edit:sorry for the dirty car pics, if i drive her again, i'll change my mind again :'D so i had to do it in a heartbeat...obvousily she will get cleaned before letting her go

Last edited by Redskiies; Jul 21st, 2019 at 16:39.
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 17:12   #3
Redskiies

eeeh screw it, gf said, that it might be bad for people coming from further away, to come around and be pressured to buy with a "give me your best offer"...

so what I was thinking is, that £1250 is the target price, but any offer over 1grand is accepted by people of volvoforums, so grab yourself a rarity mostly done for cheap

Last edited by Redskiies; Jul 21st, 2019 at 17:14.
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 22:48   #4
Redskiies

Forgot to say, that she can come with a fresh years of mot if anyone is worried about it, for a bit of an extra.

All (or at least most definitely most) of my problems raised in my posts has been sorted! (no error codes, lights, all electrics work perfect, etc)

Also the car is pet and smoke free, and the rear seats were probably used 3times in 19years.

Also forgot to mention the new passenger side front wheel bearings/hub done this spring.

Id like to add, that i do 27mpg combined motorway and city w her even with my heavy foot!

Okay spam over, for real, i just try to be as detailed as possible , so everyone knows hows the car. Also this means i have detailed all negatives of the car, and i expect volvo people to know all the good bits already...

the car is truly remarkable, and every time i drive heri try to delay the inevitable, and i keep telling myself, that i can do it... Then i hit traffic on the way to work (which is 10hrs of standing/walking by itself), and my legs hurt already before starting... Then on the way home no traffic, and i love her again... If it wouldn't be for the traffic, id keep her forever...

Last edited by Redskiies; Jul 21st, 2019 at 22:51.
Old Aug 7th, 2019, 16:56   #5
Redskiies

air-con recharged, ebay listing created... sad days are coming...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-C70...d/254323551015
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redskiies For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 19:50   #6
zirali1981

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskiies View Post
air-con recharged, ebay listing created... sad days are coming...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-C70...d/254323551015
Hi, did this sell ?
zirali1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c70, c70 t5, manual