Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

850 T5R Project completed now FOR SALE

Views : 1352

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 23rd, 2019, 11:47   #1
johnallen
jfa

Default 850 T5R Project completed now FOR SALE

Rare Volvo 850 T5R (saloon, Auto), one of the last iconic ‘sleepers.’ I’ve rebuilt this car over the past 18 months. No rust and everything has been reworked. Highlights: new suspension front and rear inc Koni shocks, new springs and all new Volvo hardware, upgrade grooved and drilled discs, cam belt and serpentine belt replaced, New water pump, AC completely overhauled new compressor and dryer etc, seats completely refurbished all electric and heat and memory, new windscreen, PCV system replaced, engine fully serviced all compressions good runs smoothly, pulls as it should, anti roll bar, steering rack, drive shafts overhauled, door cards refurbished, headlights upgraded (originals come with the car), full repaint to original spec and much more. Hundreds of pics available. Offers please.

Last edited by johnallen; Sep 23rd, 2019 at 14:25.
johnallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2019, 12:18   #2
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Hi,

Sounds a nice bit of kit...

Having said this, you may get more interest in the vehicle if you let us know the Year, Mileage and maybe a few images of the car to wet the buyers appetite?...and maybe a rough idea of how much you're looking to get back for it?....

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 23rd, 2019, 13:39   #3
johnallen
jfa

Default 850 T5R - for sale

Car is 1995 and has 174k but bear in mind the work carried out almost mitigates the mileage. I dont have a clue how to add a picture here...help?
John
Old Sep 23rd, 2019, 13:41   #4
johnallen
jfa

Default griston64

Received you email thanks but cant send you one back for some reason. Please try me at jfa.impact@gmail.com
Thanks
Old Sep 23rd, 2019, 14:14   #5
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Hi,

A few images of the vehicle are hosted here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RSaseamZQBmNL2Rm7

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 23rd, 2019, 15:41   #6
griston64
Premier Member

Few more pics here

DSC_1154 (002).jpg

DSC_1335 (002).jpg

DSC_1340 (002).jpg

DSC_1400 (002).jpg

DSC_1402 (002).jpg
griston64 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to griston64 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 23rd, 2019, 15:43   #7
griston64
Premier Member

And some more

DSC_1419 (002).jpg

DSC_1425 (002).jpg

DSC_1430 (002).jpg

DSC_1431.jpg
griston64 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to griston64 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 24th, 2019, 15:09   #8
johnallen
jfa

Default 850 T5R - for sale

Just to add, I'm targeting £12,995 for this car. I've probably spent this on it so its a really great buy, just get in it and drive and show it off. It will come with some spares and a new MOT of course and all receipts and work history. I'm available at 07725980409 or jfa.impact@gmail.com
The Following User Says Thank You to johnallen For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 19th, 2019, 07:45   #9
Rich850R
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnallen View Post
Just to add, I'm targeting £12,995 for this car. I've probably spent this on it so its a really great buy, just get in it and drive and show it off. It will come with some spares and a new MOT of course and all receipts and work history. I'm available at 07725980409 or jfa.impact@gmail.com
That’s stunning, not looking to buy as the wife would batter me, already own a money pit 855R, but love to see this, based in Northants also
Rich850R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2019, 21:46   #10
Shinsplintz 101

Thumbs down

With the greatest respect John, no one, and I mean NO ONE in their right mind is going to pay £13k for an auto saloon, T5r or not.

At that money it would need to be concourse standard. It isn't. For a start its got nasty orange aftermarket suspension fitted & drilled & grooved discs!?!

And as for the mileage being irrelevant - i dont think so - has the engine been rebuilt (new rings,main bearings, uprated rods, RMS, head refurb & valve stem seals, cam seals, cam. Sensor etc...) turbo replaced/rebuilt & new TCV, IC pipework replaced & new Ic/radpack, gearbox reconditioned, driveshafts rebuilt/replaced? The liat could go on.

For the money your asking ALL the above (and more) should have been done to give the new owner piece of mind. Otherwise its a ticking time bomb with bugger all budget left to fix it. Just because you may hace spent £12k on it doesnt mean its worth that or more.

I love that these cars are finally starting to bounce back in value - they're my passion & I've saved my fair share - but buyer beware - a wrongun will break your heart & your bank balance.

I recently sold a manual 850r estate for half what your asking. I could of cashed in & laid it on thick, but didnt...... Like yours it was rare (rarer as it happens )..
.. Like yours, it was a 22 + year old performance car & even though they are going up in value, it will go wrong, so leave a bit of meat on the bone for the next man!

I'm not one for commenting on sales threads normally. But there was just something about yours that i couldnt ignore.

This site is for enthusiastic volvoholics, most without deep pockets or flash harry aspirations. We just love the swede. Its a blessing and a curse.

Try piston heads. Your advert will sit nicely in their classifieds......amongst some of the other ****e rolled in glitter.

Best of luck. Morgan
Shinsplintz 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shinsplintz 101 For This Useful Post: