Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2008 V50 anti skid service required

Views : 539

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 3rd, 2019, 21:44   #1
dodgy don

Angry 2008 V50 anti skid service required

I had this once before last year and it went away when re started, dash warning light and message reading anti skid service required warning light and message are staying on this time. Anybody any ideas does it need to be vida. seems to be one thing after another at the moment.
dodgy don is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dodgy don For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 01:52   #2
PaddyB

I've had this; it was a knacked alternator - which in turn killed the battery. Replaced both & no problems since. Get them tested at your local KwikFit/Halfrauds/$tealer/indy.
PaddyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2019, 23:14   #3
dodgy don

Lights off now....had to do an emergency stop the other day and the warning light went off. Battery was already replaced a few months ago but none the wiser as to what it was.
Cheers
Don
dodgy don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2019, 09:04   #4
lockstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgy don View Post
Lights off now....had to do an emergency stop the other day and the warning light went off. Battery was already replaced a few months ago but none the wiser as to what it was.
Cheers
Don
get the alternator checked, this may have been what did for your last battery.....
lockstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2019, 14:37   #5
onyourbikenate

I had this on my old 1.6 S40 (2006) and it was because the EGR valve was shot.

in my case the car had restricted performance when it happened, so might not be the same for you, but vida showed egr valve faults. i replaced it with another one from a breakers on ebay and it fixed it only cost me £20

but really you need vida to know for sure.

Volvo XC70 2.4 D5 2006
Volvo S40 1.6D 2006
onyourbikenate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 14:43   #6
Resonance

Had this happen to me. The christmas lights came on regularly a few months ago, replaced battery back then and was fine up until a couple of weeks ago. Have now replaced the alternator so will see if I get any more lights up or not. If I do, it will be my first and last foray into Volvo land
Resonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2019, 22:33   #7
Shyol

dash warning light and message reading anti skid service required warning light.

This dashboard error happends all the time.
Got it when i had fuel pressure issue, failing alternator, ground fault, failing battery and DPF error.

So this message saYs nothing to you as user, vida provides very detailed information about the cars errors, why when what happend. While an OBDII reader Just give you the DTC errors codes and can only erase certian errors from ECM. Sometimes thats enough tho, get an ELM327 obd2 and hook it up to a torque app. I paid 15£ for it so its a cheap alternativ to the 120£ VIDA DICE!
Shyol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2020, 09:20   #8
V50Den

Unhappy I was told it's a £400 module to replace!

My V50 has the same error message, but the 'advanced' diagnostics apparently indicates a control module fail.
The quote is over £400 for the module plus about £300 to fit it and configure everything!
Does anyone know if the ABS module is from Bosch?
I bough a Haynes manual to try and find it, but the manual has a lot of detail about electric seats and not much help.
V50Den is offline   Reply With Quote