Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Someone pranged my S40 SE :-(

Views : 309

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 4th, 2019, 16:56   #1
altyfc

Default Someone pranged my S40 SE :-(

Hi folks

I have a rather old (but much loved!) Volvo S40 SE 05 plate, which someone reversed into with a campervan when it was parked yesterday...

Picture of vehicle and damage here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

...before driving off without leaving their details. I've reported it to the police and got a reference number, and tried reaching out to people in my home town to see if anyone has dashcam footage of the vehicle that was seen in the area (alas, no luck on that front so far but, if something does come up, I have chunks of their campervan that were left on the ground as evidence!).

Anyway... it's our second car, has very low mileage for its age (49,000) and I'd like to avoid writing it off if possible. Any advice on how best to find a new front bumper? I've looked on ebay and am unsure as to which other models are compatible. Does it make no difference that mine is SE... does the V50 of the same age have the same front bumper? Thanks for any help you can offer...
Old Jun 4th, 2019, 17:53   #2
Simmy
Premier Member

try hudersfield volvo breakers or motor hog
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2019, 21:45   #3
andyv40turbo

Sorry to hear that. Video here for bumper removal. it looks simple enough https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiTHRhderxA

I had similar misfortune although it was me who pranged my girlfriends car...

I replaced a door and found the best way to search for the part was to find the paint code and then search " breaking s40" and see what comes up in your colour, rather than search for the part.
Old Jun 6th, 2019, 09:53   #4
StatusRed
Premier Member

Ah that's a shame but looks like no structural damage at least, just might want to check the washer bottle for leaks. Terrible to do that much visible damage and then just drive off..

I've taken the front bumper off my car before and it's a bit annoying to get the clips all in position but it's quite doable and not too hard, just need to jack up the front (might be possible without jacking it but probably makes it much easier) then it's all T25 / T30 bolts (if I remember correctly) and some pop pins under the bonnet. So really you're just looking at the cost of a second hand front bumper.

Previous: C70 Coupe 2.4i | Saab 9-5 Aero | Daihatsu SporTrak
StatusRed is offline   Reply With Quote