Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S40/V50 Headlamp unit

Views : 2318

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 1st, 2012, 20:57   #21
EricMe
V50 Driver

The eBay sale has now finished. At least 7 'watchers' but only 1 bid so it made the minimum £30 which was in fact enough to cover my costs in buying the wrongly described item.

Winner has apparently paid by 'PayPal echeque' so I don't get his cash (or he my headlight) for another week or so yet but I'm not anticipating any problem (else it will be re-offered here).

Thanks to all who posted about it.
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 17:14   #22
rowdy

Haven't been on here for a little while and just read this thread with a little interest as I have just had to have my lamps replaced.

Just wondered what the outcome was with this, if the buyer was happy with the headlight because it looks to me from the pic that you posted that the lamp is not from a s40/v50 at all, but from a c30.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 17:29   #23
EricMe
V50 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy View Post
Haven't been on here for a little while and just read this thread with a little interest as I have just had to have my lamps replaced.

Just wondered what the outcome was with this, if the buyer was happy with the headlight because it looks to me from the pic that you posted that the lamp is not from a s40/v50 at all, but from a c30.
The PayPal e-cheque cleared OK and I've had no complaints from the buyer who I suspect is some sort of eBay trader in car parts & promptly re-offered it at an inflated 'buy it now' price.

I'm really not sure exactly what the unit is meant to fit. I was under impression that it was for any of S40 , V50 or C30 providing a pre 2007 model.
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 18:16   #24
rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMe View Post
The PayPal e-cheque cleared OK and I've had no complaints from the buyer who I suspect is some sort of eBay trader in car parts & promptly re-offered it at an inflated 'buy it now' price.

I'm really not sure exactly what the unit is meant to fit. I was under impression that it was for any of S40 , V50 or C30 providing a pre 2007 model.
I think the seller may have been correct as far as it being an 09 unit, but I am sure its a c30 unit. I did wonder when you mentioned it would only fit with a little help with an angle grinder, as a few people on here have managed to update pre facelift models with post facelift parts.
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 19:02   #25
EricMe
V50 Driver

Quote:
I think the seller may have been correct as far as it being an 09 unit, but I am sure its a c30 unit. I did wonder when you mentioned it would only fit with a little help with an angle grinder, as a few people on here have managed to update pre facelift models with post facelift parts.
It would have been helpful if you'd posted that message at the time. Who knows - I might have got more for it if I'd been able to supply a correct description.
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 23:23   #26
rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMe View Post
It would have been helpful if you'd posted that message at the time. Who knows - I might have got more for it if I'd been able to supply a correct description.
Sorry, as mentioned I only saw this thread today, and thought I would share my thoughts just in case you had any problems with the sale.
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 23:39   #27
EricMe
V50 Driver

Quote:
Sorry, as mentioned I only saw this thread today, and thought I would share my thoughts just in case you had any problems with the sale.
Not to worry; it's gone. I made a small profit and chap who bought it seems to have made even more