Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 aux issue...

Views : 466

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 26th, 2018, 20:15   #1
Nath90210

Default V50 aux issue...

Hi, ive recently got myself a v50 on 58 plate. Im finding that when i listen to the radio and cd that all speakers are working fine. When i select aux, the sound only comes trough the left side. Anyone had this issue?
Nath90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2018, 20:49   #2
Bungo
Premier Member

Possible gunk and fluff down the socket.
Or the plug you're using is shonky, try another. If not those then look at the wiring to the Aux.
Old Aug 29th, 2018, 17:34   #3
Nath90210

Manythanks for the reply. I took the aux input off yesterday to find that one of the connections had snapped..... :music-smiley-019 .....

Im going to try make my own or wire up a bluetooth reciever to it..

Do any wiring diagrams exist for the auxiliary input ?
Old Aug 30th, 2018, 18:16   #4
JTheDoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nath90210 View Post
Manythanks for the reply. I took the aux input off yesterday to find that one of the connections had snapped..... :music-smiley-019 .....

Im going to try make my own or wire up a bluetooth reciever to it..

Do any wiring diagrams exist for the auxiliary input ?
Hey Nath90210, I actually have a spare Aux port, I suspect the port is located in the centre cubby? You'll find that there is a cut out section you can lift up with some gentle prying. The port is connected to a cable that plugs into the actual port. There's two clips on the left and right of the port that clip it in. Undo those, plull the cable out and the AUX will come right out.

If you need the spare port that I have, just PM me.
You can pull the top of the Aux port casing off (there's a small lip), and add extra tension (grip) using a small screw driver that can push the connectors more inwards. That'll make it a tigher fit on the jack itself.
Saves the £30 odd quid people charge for that part online lol.

Just repeat the same stages again backwards and you'll have it back on without dismantling the interior.
JTheDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2018, 09:58   #5
Nath90210

Thumbs up Located the issue

Hi, thats very kind of yourself. I recently (while waiting for taskers diy to open) the issue. As all of us know when theres something not rite with our beloved and have a spare 5 mins in a carpark, we will start taking things apart....

I found that the previous owner had installed what looks like a pattot hands free unit and iso theb just not bothered to disconnect it properly. It killed two birds for me tho as im wanting to install a parrot kit anyway. Just a few wiggles of the unit with the aux set to right side speakers to identify the issue. A cable had torn open and shoddily repaired (twisting wires and tape). I renewed the clip and reinstalled in the iso housing. Sound is now perfect!

Thanks alot for the information.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nath90210 For This Useful Post: