Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Park Assist not working

Views : 285

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 5th, 2018, 12:45   #1
shaneypoopers

Default Park Assist not working

Hi,

Have a kind of a weird one, just got a 2012 V50 1.6d SE for my wife, all pretty good with it except that the park assist is not working.

When you put it into reverse the Infotainment system says that the system is engaged but the audio volume doesn't drop and there are no beeps.

I have checked each sensor for ticking/vibrating and none of them seem to be working, have taken the plugs off the control module and put them back on with nil fix, the car isn't displaying any fault with the system but obviously it is not working. The fuse is I think #69 and I have checked this is ok, also I would expect to get an error message if it were the fuse.

Has anyone run into this problem before? Is it likely that all four sensors would fail? Just looking for a bit of background/advice before I take the bumper off.

Thanks,

Shane
shaneypoopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2018, 12:51   #2
PNM

If you've only just got it and it's from a dealer/used car place, I would take it back and demand that they sort it.

Failing that, first check that the reversing lights come on when you put it in reverse - if not, it's probably a problem with the reverse switch.

If the reverse lights come on, have a double check that park assist has not been deactivated via the centre console menu. If it is activated or there isn't a setting to deactivate them, you'll need to get a multimeter and trace the wiring back to see exactly where the hold up is.
PNM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2018, 13:44   #3
shaneypoopers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNM View Post
If you've only just got it and it's from a dealer/used car place, I would take it back and demand that they sort it.

Failing that, first check that the reversing lights come on when you put it in reverse - if not, it's probably a problem with the reverse switch.

If the reverse lights come on, have a double check that park assist has not been deactivated via the centre console menu. If it is activated or there isn't a setting to deactivate them, you'll need to get a multimeter and trace the wiring back to see exactly where the hold up is.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Bought it private unfortunately, did check the system on the test drive and when it activated thought all was good, didn't actually try reverse up to a wall!

The reverse lights all come on ok. Judging by the insulation tape I am seeing around the looms I am guessing this was done at the dealership before the car was originally sold.

Was hoping that there was some quick fix that I was missing but it looks like the bumper will have to come off, or the wife could learn how to reverse....bumper off.
shaneypoopers is offline   Reply With Quote