Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC Going Back To The Dealer AGAIN!

Views : 6061

Replies : 51

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 13:29   #1
taylorc

Default XC Going Back To The Dealer AGAIN!

Considering Volvo are supposed to be a premium brand my XC seems to need regular visits for problems! Now its going back for the following:

Climate Control:
Started misbehaving again so i'm going to show them a photo of a technical document relating to the same issue on American models so fingers crossed!

Rattling Tailgate:
The tailgate plastic trim is very loose on the one side (I suspect the clips have broken) and it is bloody annoying! I have wedged some felt strips in there to help deaden the noise until they look at it.

Doors Freezing Shut:
Again previously looked at by Volvo, every time the temperature drops and we get a frost the doors freeze shut (the back doors are particularly bad) and apparently (according to the lady on the phone) there is nothing that can be done to stop it happening!!
Well i fail to believe that any car (let alone a 40 grand one) should have it's doors freezing shut so I have insisted they sort it (new seals perhaps?) so will see what they say on the day!

Hopefully this will be the last visit for problems but then again I said that last time........

Previous MY13 XC60 D5 R-Design Lux Nav

Previous...Audi S3 DSG, Ford Focus ST3, Ford Focus ST170
taylorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 14:18   #2
tompip

Default Problems?

Sorry to hear about your problems, I'm sure that we all hope they are resolved quickly
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 14:47   #3
taylorc

I suppose one plus point is at least it will get a clean.........

Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 14:55   #4
Mytholmroyd60

My rear doors also freeze shut. It's annoying and I've not experienced this with any other car
Mytholmroyd60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 15:13   #5
AngloScot
Master Member

What is the problem with your climate control as a matter of interest?
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 15:18   #6
taylorc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngloScot View Post
What is the problem with your climate control as a matter of interest?
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=198627

The Following User Says Thank You to taylorc For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 15:22   #7
Ninja59
Probably Akita's Toyboy..

In relation to the doors freezing shut does the door lock disengage and the seals become a problem? If so get some gummi pflege from einzett should sort it no problem.
Ninja59 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ninja59 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 15:30   #8
Flux
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja59 View Post
In relation to the doors freezing shut does the door lock disengage and the seals become a problem? If so get some gummi pflege from einzett should sort it no problem.
I have also had a problem [on two occasions] with the rubber seals above the doors on the passenger side freezing. You have to give them a bit of a tug but doesn't feel right as you are effectively forcing the doors open and fear they will bend slightly. It's nothing mechanical but just where water between the rubber seals and door frame has frozen. Doesn't seem to happen on driver door though so must be the way the rubber seals are designed differently.

Must be a real problem in countries where you get very cold weather and as the car is designed and tested in Sweden, this does seem rather odd and must be happening all the time there!
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 15:39   #9
taylorc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja59 View Post
When Volvo looked at the last time they coated the seals in something similar to gummi pflege (not sure what is was though) and it worked for a short period of time but my argument is that you should not have to apply anything to the seals!
I've never had to apply anything to any other car that I've owned and whilst it may be a short term solution clearly it's not a long term one so for me Volvo should sort it out properly. As Flux said it's obviously a design issue which is surprising considering the Swedish background!

Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 16:24   #10
Tripleh

I also get the frozen doors. The dealer told me to wipe the seals after its been raining and before we get a frost!!!