Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My car has vanished...

Views : 3750

Replies : 52

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 27th, 2015, 15:23   #11
Brodick
Master Member

At least Volvo don't leave cars sitting awaiting transport for months
Numerous VW's were / are stuck at German port due to logistic problems within VW since March.
Brodick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2015, 17:22   #12
Joggern

A colleague of mine has a Mercedes C220 Bluesomething on order. It got to Portsmouth and vanished. Never left the docks but they couldn't find it.

2 weeks later, Merc went to park a new arrival in the bay and discovered it wasn't empty. Somehow his car was still sat waiting.

No system is perfect
Joggern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2015, 01:00   #13
Fellwalker

The MyVolvo Web site looks entirely different now from what it used to look. It recognises me when I log in but shows nothing about any cars. Ah well, it was pretty much rubbish for a soon to be owner.
I'll have to update it anyway when I collect the car on Thursday, as I understand it doesn't convert an order to a real car.

Volvo UK has been updating a lot within their site recently. Let's hope that once the Web site update has settled down, it will show all of the data that has been put in previously. .
Old May 28th, 2015, 15:44   #14
Joggern

MyVolvo still shows my car as I transport but my dealer rang yesterday to say I can collect tomorrow...

Weirdness.
Old May 29th, 2015, 03:32   #15
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dty View Post

I had a long chat with the dealer yesterday and he said they have zero visibility into when cars are going to arrive. They literally just turn up on transporters with no notice. Makes logistics (space in the yard, booking PDIs, etc.) a nightmare, as you can imagine. Last week, two transporters arrived simultaneously, each with 7 cars to deliver - and there were only 2 salesmen in trying to get 14 cars squirrelled away somewhere!
Not what I understand. The dealer is one step ahead and knows exactly when the vehicles are going to arrive within an hour give or take so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dty View Post
Mine's still showing (now I've re-instated it) 8-19 June.
All D4's ordered March have the same delivery date give or take a day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joggern View Post
A colleague of mine has a Mercedes C220 Bluesomething on order. It got to Portsmouth and vanished. Never left the docks but they couldn't find it.

2 weeks later, Merc went to park a new arrival in the bay and discovered it wasn't empty. Somehow his car was still sat waiting.

No system is perfect
Sometimes, at random a car is pulled from the truck and randomly tested for emission compliance. Maybe this happened with the Merc?

For missing cars in 'My Volvo' key in the CON again and it comes back.The site has just been altered.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2015, 08:21   #16
Fellwalker

My car reappeared on the MyVolvo Web site yesterday morning. In the afternoon, I collected it, and by evening the full details of the car had appeared in MyVolvo. Now for a long weekend away giving it a good start to life.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fellwalker For This Useful Post:
Old May 29th, 2015, 12:57   #17
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Well - what a f**k up the myvolvo portal seems to be as mine has REAPPEARED..............believe it or not.......?

Last week I DELETED my old XC60 and marked it as being sold hence it disappeared from my portal................but lone behold this morning it was back again in all its true glory.

Meanwhile my NEW XC60 which I took ownership last week and is sitting in my work car park is still UNDERWRAPS as awaiting delivery on the myvolvo portal. But despite this my Volvo ID on "Volvo on Call" links fine.

I don't know if anyone noticed but for most of this Bank Holiday Monday afternoon & evening the myvolvo portal was out of action delivering the 502 internet screen error message which lead me to expect some f**k ups had happened.
The saga continues - again I deleted my OLD XC60 from the myvolvo portal and guess what - this morning it had REAPPEARED again.......
.....and to compound it further my new Volvo now 1 week old is still under wraps awaiting delivery.
Do I give up?
Old May 29th, 2015, 13:36   #18
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
The saga continues - again I deleted my OLD XC60 from the myvolvo portal and guess what - this morning it had REAPPEARED again.......
.....and to compound it further my new Volvo now 1 week old is still under wraps awaiting delivery.
Do I give up?
Obviously a 'BOGOF' !
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.

Last edited by NigelDay; May 29th, 2015 at 13:37. Reason: Typo
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old May 29th, 2015, 13:59   #19
Joggern

Well, my S60 has now actually vanished. It was due at the dealer yesterday (along with their showroom new XC90 model). No idea where it is.

Looks like no new weekend toys for me
Old May 29th, 2015, 21:35   #20
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
It is a homing Volvo and it is missing you...

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post: