Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 T5 - SE Nav or R Design Nav

Views : 3386

Replies : 52

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 16th, 2017, 08:30   #1
craigemp

Default XC60 T5 - SE Nav or R Design Nav

Morning!

I'm about to jump on a 2 yr lease of an XC60 T5 Geartronic (it's the cheapest version) and I can't decide between the SE Nav (Leather) or R Design Nav....

They are basically the same price on the lease and there are pro's & con's to both from what I can see.

SE Nav (leather)
PROs
-Leather
-Rear parking sensor
-Folding mirrors I think and a few other upgrades.
CONs
-Smaller wheels
-less bling bits :-)
-no sports seats

R Design
PROs
-Better looking
-Bigger wheels (potentially better for putting the power down?)
-Sports seats.

CONs
-No leather
-No rear parking sensor
-No folding mirrors and rear tailgate etc...
-Harsher ride?

I could go with the Lux upgrade which would be an extra £50 a month so not something I really wanted to do.

Any advice would be appreciated! I'm also expecting to be getting about 35mpg combined from what I've read elsewhere.
craigemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2017, 09:27   #2
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

The size of the wheels will make no difference to 'getting the power down' - they will however change the ride as 20" wheels give a much firmer ride than the standard 18" wheels.

You will also need items such as the rear parking as additions, they are a must - I also find the fort extremely useful.

Personally I would go for the SE as I consider that the r-design is simply costly styling over comfort and comfort is what I want in this car with the SE being very comfortable
Old Jan 16th, 2017, 09:39   #3
craigemp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
The size of the wheels will make no difference to 'getting the power down' - they will however change the ride as 20" wheels give a much firmer ride than the standard 18" wheels.

You will also need items such as the rear parking as additions, they are a must - I also find the fort extremely useful.

Personally I would go for the SE as I consider that the r-design is simply costly styling over comfort and comfort is what I want in this car with the SE being very comfortable
Thanks for that, useful information to know. I think the R Design are 19" as standard and the 17" are standard on the SE. I think i'm probably swaying towards the SE as the leather would be more practical with the kids too.
Old Jan 16th, 2017, 09:57   #4
Whyman
Premier Member

If you go for a light coloured leather do not let the kids have any form of pens in the car as you will end up with marks all over the seats. If it's on contact hire/ lease then you may well get stung when you return the vehicle.

Believe me I know. Don't you just love grandchildren.
Old Jan 16th, 2017, 10:23   #5
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyman View Post
If you go for a light coloured leather do not let the kids have any form of pens in the car as you will end up with marks all over the seats. If it's on contact hire/ lease then you may well get stung when you return the vehicle.

Believe me I know. Don't you just love grandchildren.
I think that you can only get the black leather now - the light leather has been deleted from the options list as have quite a few other options now.
Old Jan 16th, 2017, 11:00   #6
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigemp View Post
Thanks for that, useful information to know. I think the R Design are 19" as standard and the 17" are standard on the SE. I think i'm probably swaying towards the SE as the leather would be more practical with the kids too.
Standard Volvo wheels are 18" on the XC60 and 17" are a no cost option. I also think - but happy to be corrected - that 18" are also the standard on the R-Design with 19" or 20" as cost options.

Edit - just looked and standard is 18"

Last edited by wimorrison; Jan 16th, 2017 at 11:05.
wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2017, 11:05   #7
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkBoy View Post
I think that you can only get the black leather now - the light leather has been deleted from the options list as have quite a few other options now.
Nope, still there but I do note that the D5 is no longer available but the VEA is now available in AWD
Old Jan 16th, 2017, 11:26   #8
craigemp

Quote:
Standard Volvo wheels are 18" on the XC60 and 17" are a no cost option. I also think - but happy to be corrected - that 18" are also the standard on the R-Design with 19" or 20" as cost options.

I've just looked too and it says SE NAV is 17" and SE LUX NAV is 18" unless this has changed recently.
Old Jan 16th, 2017, 11:26   #9
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:

The SE Nav has 17" wheels as standard, the 18" are a £700 option according to the Configurator.

The RDesign has 18" Ixions as standard.
Old Jan 16th, 2017, 11:29   #10
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Nope, still there but I do note that the D5 is no longer available but the VEA is now available in AWD
The Configurator shows the D5 AWD as still available with manual and geatronic boxes.

Sorry, your are correct about the leather, wim - the light coloured leather is still available.