Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 wiring harness diagram

Views : 1224

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 18th, 2018, 13:17   #11
fanvol

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveys View Post
This could be fun , I guess the cars canbus system won't like it ,
In fact it was. Done now
fanvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 13:36   #12
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanvol View Post
Just tought to let you know and for future reference here in the forum that this has been done sucessfuly. A bit of research here and there and I found out it is a very simply procedure. In fact took less than 30 min after you know what to do. There is no need to change or cut any original car wires. No one need to spend an obscene price for fobs and have them programmed at least in cars from the same year as mine. Ok. I will not debate that Volvo is higher quality and more secure which is for sure. But I sort my problem with £5.99 rather than £350 pounds from original proprietary volvo.
Thanks , But seems a bit of a bodge to leave 98% of a perfectly good working alarm on there and go to all the trouble of wiring something else in which may not be approved by the insurance ...which can be fixed relatively cheaply* by just getting a fob .

* If you run any car like this whether it is a BMW AUDI Ford Citroen etc , just about any fault is going to cost you £500 and you need to budget this before choosing the car , A different matter with a fiesta or old Mondeo etc ..
Going to the other extreme , if you had spent your hard earned money on a Ferrari and the fob was £700 would you still tamper with the original alarm ?
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 15:40   #13
fanvol

Hmm...ok

Last edited by fanvol; Sep 18th, 2018 at 17:46.
fanvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2018, 00:33   #14
EA51OTJ

"Have you tried http://www.volvowiringdiagrams.com/ ?"
Comes up as insecure!
Any other source for a V70 2001 set of diagrams?
EA51OTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2019, 21:19   #15
urbantommy

Hello! my father bought a 2000 V70 II 2.5 TDI, but he was given only one key, the one without remote control for remote opening.
Is it possible to mount one of the universal ones fitted with a receiver?
For example one of these: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How did you do it? where should it be connected?

Thanks!
urbantommy is offline   Reply With Quote